PDA

View Full Version : Error Message

Davidj8886
June 22nd, 2013, 19:46
I got the following error message when attempting to change the reach of both PCs and NPCs in the GM combat tracker. I tried it both with and without SWFI.

I am using SWD Version 3.3.1 (Build 7)

Script Error: [string "combatant:reach"]:1: attempt to call field 'updateUnderlay' (a nil value)
Network Notice: Send - DATAR: combattracker.combatantgroups.id-00001.combatants.id-00001.reach

Just thought I would bring it up. I didn't know if it was a known bug or not.

DWJ

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2013, 04:50
You might try cross-posting in the Savage Worlds forum, since the developer for the SW ruleset probably checks that forum more often than this one.

Also, it looks like you have the network diagnostics flag turned on in your Settings dialog. You should turn that off to improve network performance.

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
June 24th, 2013, 09:11
You know what, I think I recall finding this bug only a few weeks after 3.3.1 got released (which is several months ago now). I think I had it in reserve for a "patch" release, but that never got released.

So the bad news is it's broken currently - the error stops the "underlay" on the token from increasing in size, such that when you hover over the token on an image it has a larger radius of shaded area around it. The better news is it's quite harmless, and I suspect closing and reopening the image might cause the underlay to update correctly and thus act as a workaround.

The even better news is it's certainly fixed in the new version, which is very close to release now.