PDA

View Full Version : Question on Armor and Modifiers

ilidrake
June 22nd, 2013, 08:15
So I'm playing around with FG2 to get a feel for it and I came across something I need an answer to. Armor. When I give a player a suit of say Leather and drop that into their inventory, how do we apply the new AC? Is this something I need to do manually or does FG2 do it for me? And what do I put in the field that asks for a location?

Mgrancey
June 22nd, 2013, 09:19
Armor does need added manually on the combat tab, but you want to put it in the initiative so that it will add its weight.

The location is can just be used to say where something is on a basic level like body/torso, head, etc. Howevery, it can be used to place items inside another item, such as belt pouch, backpack, sack, etc. which will move the item to underneath said container and indent the name. Now if you click off the container's weight all items carried by it are also clicked off as well (i.e. dropping a backpack before a fight)

lachancery
June 22nd, 2013, 21:42
The armour penalty on skills must also be added manually. Here are the 3 steps to add armour in a character in Fg2:

1) drag its link from a library module and drop it in the inventory. The check mark for encumbrance should be toggled so its weight gets added to the total.

2) the check mark for armour must be checked on the same tab, and the skill penalty (and arcane spell failure) must be entered manually.

3) the AC bonus, including the armor's magic bound, must be manually entered on the combat tab in the AC field.

ilidrake
June 23rd, 2013, 05:42
Thanks for the quick reply's :) Much appreciated.