PDA

View Full Version : Player chat log?

Callum
June 20th, 2013, 11:26
The automatically-generated chat log is a great benefit, but it does include everything sent to the chat window, effectively giving a GM's view of what happened. Since one of the main benefits of the chat log is sharing it with the players, this means I currently have to go through a copy of the log after every session, stripping out all the stuff that they wouldn't have seen. I was thus wondering how difficult it would be to generate a "player's log" to go alongside the current chat log? This would effectively be what one player would have seen in the chat window during the session, minus any private messages sent or received by that player.

Valarian
June 20th, 2013, 12:34
The was a chat log cleaner application that would go and strip various bits of the chat log out. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to now be working for me.

Callum
June 20th, 2013, 15:47
Yes, I looked at that chat log cleaner when it first became available. As I recall, it didn't really do the things I wanted. I do some stuff with a macro in Word, but there's still a fair amount that needs doing by hand afterwards.

Blahness98
June 20th, 2013, 16:19
What were you looking at removing? The tool seems to remove a lot of stuff. GM rolls, whispers, OOC chat, and that is the majority of the stuff that I as a GM needed removed.