PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Template Guide

Mgrancey
June 19th, 2013, 11:02
Couple of months ago people when I stated I had The Flood and Sears & Robuck Catalog done I asked if people would like a break down of SW module templates. A couple of people said they would really appreciate it and I have finally gotten around to working on it.

A warning, this is aimed solely at Savage Worlds and I let SoulOfTheReaper's explanation cover the basics of making a module in XML. I am uploading the copy I have as I am unsure of where I found this without looking.

Since I only have the Deadlands Reload and Savage Worlds deluxe modules, I can only provide templates for them. We'll label this as Alpha 1.0.

The attachments can be found here in the Armory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=150802#post150802https://)

Doswelk
June 19th, 2013, 14:44
Just to let you know that one of the changes in 3.4 <armornotes> and <weaponnotes> have been changed to <notes>

Also armour and weapons now have a <formattedtext> field this is where the rules for that armour or weapon can now be added on a seperate tab, thus when we add "See Notes" the new notes tab on each item will now contain the rules for it, instead of having to find the rules in the equipment section.

Items have also changed, so that they are created in a list as well the same way as weapons and armour.

Nice work by the way

grapper
June 19th, 2013, 16:37
Wonderful! Thank you for putting this together.

phantomwhale
June 24th, 2013, 09:18
There are a few more node changes for 3.4 (all the weight fields are now just "weight" instead of "wpeight" and "arweight" etc...)

It has been designed to work with the older 3.3 structures too - I will be looking to upgrade all published material during the lifespan of 3.4 and have written tools to automate this upgrade.

I'll try and send over some info. once 3.4 is released.

Mgrancey
July 9th, 2013, 21:42
Okay, I will go about updating The Flood and S & R catalog.

Anything else I should know?

phantomwhale
July 10th, 2013, 00:54
Oh - I have written an update program to auto-migrate XML library files !

PM / e-mail me and I can share it with you; be good to see if it works for your library files too (it upgraded mine with no real issues).