PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Player LFG (4E)

DMDaddy0
June 18th, 2013, 03:10
I've been playing FG2 for the past year as DM, and my original group has kinda fallen by the wayside. I'd like to try the game as a player, so I'm looking to join a (semi) regular game that plays either Friday or Saturday nights. If you're looking to start a new game or if you're looking for players, shoot me a message. I've been playing D&D for years and am pretty proficient with FG2 as well.

Magnatude
June 19th, 2013, 17:54
I have an Iron Heroes (3.5 version) Game on Fridays at 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern. Played Voice over Skype with a group that has been playing for 3 years now.

A little different than 4E, but we roleplay more than crunch numbers.

The game is low magic, (as Iron Heroes is), and the players are currently 5-7th level.
Let me know if you are interested (rkurbis at gmail.com) or Skype: richard.kurbis

DMDaddy0
June 20th, 2013, 02:50
Time works for me. How long does a typical game last? I don't own the Iron Heroes books but I paged through them back when the game first came out. Will I need to buy my own copy or are you running true 3.5 within the Iron Heroes campaign?

Magnatude
June 20th, 2013, 03:18
We usually have a 2 hr session.
What kind of character do you like to play? I can supply you with an NPC to start, just to get you in quick with the party.
In this game... there is Human's, Oerth (Dwarf) and Sylvan (Elves). Though Humans are the most acceptable. Oerth and Sylvan's are slightly different than the traditional 3.5.
Main difference is: Defense instead of Armor Class, Defense adds level but Armors do not add more bonuses, instead it reduces damage.
Magic is "Arcane" and uses a mana system... No clerics but there are "healers". Hit points get replenished with "Reserves" when resting after each battle.
"Tokens" are earned by doing class abilities, and spent for extra bonuses. Players are urged to use the environment and skills to enhance their combat.

Creating a character takes some time, and isn't cut & dry, requires the GM's help. So using an NPC first will help you understand the basics. If you like the NPC, keep it, if you want to make you own character after, then I can help you create one.

Also we are using 3.5 JPG which is not the original Iron Heroes for FG2, mainly because of errors in the IH FG2 version. So we have done a bit of tinkering to get it to work. You are most welcome to join in. It should feel like a homebrew 3.5, the basics are the same with some different features... the players we have are super friendly and will help you get into the game.

DMDaddy0
June 20th, 2013, 03:29
I consider myself a very flexible player and will play (almost) any class/any race. What does the party already have?

Magnatude
June 20th, 2013, 03:48
They had lost their "Rogue" a few adventures back.

Trill is a Human who grew up with Sylvans, She is a Huntress.
ChaiDro looks Human, jagged scars obscures his features, He is a Weapons Master.
Rogar is an Oerth, clad with heavy armor, He is an Armiger
Isras is Human, clad in Chain, He is a Myrmidon but is a proficient Healer as well.

So the party is mainly combat-biased, Trill right now tries to fill in to detect traps and dangers but can do little more.
You can contact me: rkurbis (at) gmail.com so we can get into more detail off the forums
~~Richard~~