PDA

View Full Version : Great Axe skill/damage = not draggable?

seycyrus
June 18th, 2013, 01:28
Hello, and thank you all for all your work!

I have created some generic npc personalities with GCA and successfully exported them and imported them into FG2.

One thing that has me puzzled is that my orc NPC's Great Axe is not draggable to the dice box. Neither his skill dice nor his damage die. All of his other attacks work (Bite,punch,kick,javelin), but not his Great Axe attack. I made sure he actually has the weapon in his inventory.

Hrm, I just opened up his NPC sheet, and note that I can drag over attack dice from his skills listing of "Two-Handed Axe/Mace", but not from the "Great Axe" listing under the attacks field.

When I put him in the combat tracker, I likewise have no luck dragging his Great Axe (skills roll or damage) into the dice box. All the other attacks are working.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps I have to have him ready this weapon since it is unbalanced? If so, how?

Thank you for your time.

saithan
June 18th, 2013, 01:33
you must look at and edit the format it is writen. here are formulas for writing attacks and skills. if you have more trouble see me in the irc chat.
https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:what-is-gurps4enhanced&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

seycyrus
June 18th, 2013, 02:37
Thank you! I have gotten it to work!

But now in light of my question regarding weapons being readied/unreadied... How do you guys handle unbalanced weapons in FG2?

saithan
June 18th, 2013, 02:49
unbalanced weapons just means that the player must make a ready move after each use to re-ready the weapon, in game terms the tracker reaches player x who has an unbalanced weapon. he strikes scoring a hit but rendering his weapon unready the tracker then cycles through the players on reaching player x the gm and player know the weapon is unready leaving his choices as 1 re-ready the weapon. 2 drop and switch weapons.3 peform some maneuver that does not require that weapon.

seycyrus
June 19th, 2013, 00:26
Thank you for your response. I'm just trying to figure out what you guys do manually and what FG2 might do itself.