PDA

View Full Version : Database Error

captainagent2000
June 16th, 2013, 01:27
So I looked through the forums and didn't see anyone else have this issue. I go to load up my campaign today and I get the following error when I click on Load Campaign tab:

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file campaigns/The Draconic Kindling Odyssey/campaign.xml - Error on line 0: Error document empty.

Not sure what this means or why it just started today. Anyone have any suggestions?

Trenloe
June 16th, 2013, 01:52
Go into the "<FG App Data Directory>\campaigns\The Draconic Kindling Odyssey" directory and look for campaign.xml in that directory. <FG App Data Directory> is accessed from Windows Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data folder. Campaign.xml may have got corrupt for some reason. Open campaign.xml (if it is there). It should look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.09">
<ruleset>4E</ruleset>
<username>Martin</username>
</root>
With <ruleset> being the FG ruleset used (3.5e, 4e, etc.) and <username> is the GMs username used to connect to FG.

Modify campaign.xml (open in notepad to edit) and make it look something like the above code. Save and try reloading your campaign in FG.

EDIT: Or, a bit easier. Make a new campaign in FG that is the same ruleset as "The Draconic Kindling Odyssey" and copy the campaign.xml file from the new campaigns directory to the one you're having trouble with - this will ensure you have the correct settings in the file.

captainagent2000
June 16th, 2013, 02:15
That solved it perfectly. Thanks for such a quick reply.