PDA

View Full Version : regeneration broke?

Willot
June 13th, 2013, 12:19
in 3.5 (pathfinder) cant seem to get regeneration to work?
Dropped an ice troll on to CT got a character to damage him but he doest regen the damage?
heres a screen shot https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwaMe0ApGapgSVNaNVdwQVpFZ3M/edit?usp=sharing

JohnD
June 13th, 2013, 13:49
Shouldn't it be in as an effect?

Willot
June 13th, 2013, 13:59
I tried it as an effect too. But thought certain effects could be placed on NPC's too

Callum
June 13th, 2013, 16:25
It was working fine for me on Tuesday with a chain devil dragged straight from the Library onto the Combat Tracker. I was using straight 3.5, though, not Pathfinder.

Yours wouldn't work as dragged because the regeneration is recorded in the wrong place on the NPC sheet - after HD. If it was under SQ, you'd get an automatic "REGEN: 5 fire or acid" effect added in the CT; but you should be able to add this yourself, in any case.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2013, 17:28
Looks like this Ice Troll was taken from the d20pfsrd bestiary module?

I say this because the vulnerable to fire entry is there. FG doesn't recognise "vulnerable" it needs to be "vulnerability" for it to add the VULN effect when the creature is dragged to the combat tracker. Pathfinder Statblocks seem to use vulnerable and vulnerability interchangeably.

The creature parser automatically changes vulnerable to vulnerability, which is what FG recognises.

But, this has highlighted that the creature parser handles regeneration as a special quality rather than a special ability and if the creature has no special qualities FG will not pick the regeneration value up. If the creature does have other special qualities the parser puts regen in the right place. I've updated the parser source code to do this correctly and this will be included in release 1.1 of the creature parser.

Even with this regen issue with some creature parser records, I'd recommend using creatures from the d20pfsrd.com bestiary module only when they are not in the core bestiary modules found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16074 This is because the core modules have been created with the parser that caters for a few other FG idiosyncrasies.

Willot
June 14th, 2013, 00:26
Yep that got it thx!. I didnt know the d20bestiary wasn't compatible ill have to go back and check stuff now. Thanks

Trenloe
June 14th, 2013, 00:44
Yep that got it thx!. I didnt know the d20bestiary wasn't compatible ill have to go back and check stuff now. Thanks
I wouldn't say it's not compatible, I'd just say that there are a few things that need "massaging" for FG from the standard statblock format, and this hasn't been done in the d20 bestiary. I'm sure its fine over 95% of the time, but there will be the odd creature that certain bits won't come through properly - we've identified regeneration and "vulnerable" and there were a handful of others that I coded for that I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's still a great resource, just look in the core modules first I'd say... :)

I had similar issues with creating the All Paizo spells module when using d20PFSRD data - there are about 5% of the entries I needed to modify by hand to get them to work correctly in FG. It's why I only do an update every 6 months or so. Which reminds me, I need to do an update... No rest for the wicked! ;)