PDA

View Full Version : Getting start screen to recognize a new campaign

Deak
June 12th, 2013, 20:26
I bought two modules from the Fantasy Grounds store, and I've successfully downloaded them. The folders are in my "campaigns" folder. When I go to the Fantasy Grounds start screen, the only campaigns it recognizes as being available are the 3.5E and 4E demo games. Those two are the total list. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Trenloe
June 12th, 2013, 20:30
Modules are not campaigns. You need to install the .mod files to the <FG App Data Directory>\modules directory - usually the installation does this for you.

Then you need to create a new campaign with the ruleset the modules are made for. Once in that campaign, go to the modules activation screen (within the library for 3.5e and 4e or available through a button on the desktop for other rulesets) and open the modules. You will then see new tabs at the bottom of the story, maps and images, personalities (NPCs), etc. windows - these tabs will contain the data from the modules you have activated.

Deak
June 12th, 2013, 21:50
Bless you. I've been banging my head against the wall for two days. Deak 0; Wall 10

Tiqon
June 14th, 2013, 14:05
Bless you. I've been banging my head against the wall for two days. Deak 0; Wall 10

If it's any comfort it took me a while too, to figure this out :). FG2 might not be the most intuitive program but it comes with a VERY helpful community ;).

JohnD
June 14th, 2013, 17:21
Don't feel bad - there is a learning curve which most of us have also gone through, and probably asked some of the same questions... so ask away!