PDA

View Full Version : Character import problems

xFabulous
June 11th, 2013, 22:17
Basically i am a free user (for now) and i am playing with a group where the GM has the ultimate version, i have a DDI subscription and i made a char using DDI, i used the FG char converter to change the dnd4e file format to xml but i cannot see the option to import a char while connected to the game (in game not home screen, i know as a free user i cannot make local characters) also my GM cannot see the option too, under campaign import in the converter the current campaign he is playing doesnt show up either

any ideas on why this is happening?

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2013, 22:50
For free/unregistered users, you will need to send the converted XML file to your GM, and he can upload into the campaign.

For Lite license users, there is a Manage Characters mode that let's you view characters from ongoing campaigns while not connected to the host, as well as the ability to create and import characters into a local character database, which can be uploaded to the server on the character selection screen.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
June 11th, 2013, 23:21
also my GM cannot see the option too,?
As M_W says, use the character converter to output an XML file. Send this XML file to the GM and then the GM needs to type /importchar in their loaded campaign (or click the "Import Characters" up arrow button in the "Character Selection" screen) and select the XML file you sent. This will then import the character into Fantasy Grounds.