PDA

View Full Version : suzerain chat area problem

chiefarchon
June 11th, 2013, 14:53
Hi

When I resize my suzerain window the chat area is distorting and I even get another chat screen showing up at the bottom of my screen.

Is there a fix for this please.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_QoTGynCAZFIQYwC7frdYQ4gB8IemHBBXj11PEBuGME=w143-h207-p-no

Trenloe
June 11th, 2013, 16:08
Make sure you have the most recent versions of the Savage Worlds Rules (delete any old folders in the \rulesets directory) and extension. This was seen as a problem in another extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18791

chiefarchon
June 11th, 2013, 16:11
I only installed it last night lol

chiefarchon
June 11th, 2013, 16:12
how would I get later rules than I have. I did get fantasy grounds to check for updates. is there some other method or place to get later downloads?

Trenloe
June 11th, 2013, 16:22
how would I get later rules than I have. I did get fantasy grounds to check for updates. is there some other method or place to get later downloads?
Have you put your FG website user name and password in the settings window before you do an update? This allows FG to recognise some (but not all currently) of the product you have purchased and upgrade them. Look for DGASW3 in the products list in the settings screen to see if it has recognised that you have purchased Savage Worlds. Then run an update.

chiefarchon
June 11th, 2013, 16:55
- FG website user name and password = yes
- Look for DGASW3 in the products list = it is there
- Then run an update = Done

It's still not fixed.
:(

Have you put your FG website user name and password in the settings window before you do an update? This allows FG to recognise some (but not all currently) of the product you have purchased and upgrade them. Look for DGASW3 in the products list in the settings screen to see if it has recognised that you have purchased Savage Worlds. Then run an update.

chiefarchon
June 11th, 2013, 19:09
Can I just point out that if I only select the savage worlds rule set without any extensions then it works fine.
It's only after adding an extension (at the moment either sundered skies or Savage Suzerain) that the behaviour of the incorrectly represented chat box image occurs.

The automated update procedure is not detecting any updates for the Savage Worlds ruleset, which incidentally reports as release 3.3 in the description box of the create new campaign page.

Trenloe
June 11th, 2013, 19:14
Please type /ver in the chat window and press return, then post the output versions here. This will help the SW developers identify if this is a version issue or something else.

chiefarchon
June 11th, 2013, 19:23
ok the output versions are:

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.3.1 (build 7)
Adventure Deck version 1.1.0 (build 3)

The versions make no mention of Savage Suzerain, however a mouse over of the extension from the launch screen declares version 2.0

chiefarchon
June 13th, 2013, 06:46
Is there any more help anyone can give to me :(

This program is still not working properly and I don't want to have to ask for a refund.

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2013, 07:18
I just sent an e-mail to the developer who works on the Savage World base game definition to see if he can offer some help. I'm guessing that the Suzerain add-on might need an adjustment to work with the newer version of the game definition files. The developer is constantly working on updates and improvements to the base game definition, which occasionally creates minor issues with the add-ons.

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
June 13th, 2013, 07:35
I haven't changed the SavageWorlds ruleset for several months now, so I would be surprised if this is an issue with the latest version of the Suzerain extension; which leads me to suspect the store must have served an older version up.

The fact that the Suzerain extension isn't adding a line to the '/ver' command reinforces this, as I'm fairly sure most extensions support that command since the latest version was released.

I'll prod the powers-that-be at Smiteworks (sorry, moon_wizard, back to you) to check their store is hosting the correct version / providing the correct version via the update tool. Failing that, they should get in touch with Doswelk, the author of the extension, for a patch (although, like I say, I'm pretty sure there is a working version of this extension out there).

Sorry it's not an answer, but hopefully it's visible progress ?!

Doswelk
June 13th, 2013, 08:41
The only version I have now requires 3.4, but we did update all the themes to work with 3.3. Right now all I can do is offer a hack:

1) Rename <filename>.ext to <filename>.zip
2) Open zip file and find graphics_frames.xml
3) make a copy of it
4) replace the <framedef name="chatbox"> code as follows:

<framedef name="chatbox">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/chatbox.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,150,150" />
<top rect="150,0,200,150" />
<topright rect="350,0,91,150" />
<left rect="0,150,150,200" />
<middle rect="150,150,200,200" />
<right rect="350,150,91,200" />
<bottomleft rect="0,350,150,215" />
<bottom rect="150,350,200,215" />
<bottomright rect="350,350,91,215" />
<insideoffset>0,0,31,31</insideoffset>
</framedef>

5) Save graphics_frames.xml
6) rename file back to .ext
7) Test

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2013, 09:49
Back at Doug actually. He gets the store maintenance. ;)

JPG

chiefarchon
June 13th, 2013, 10:28
I just tried all of that, but its still not working. :cry:

The only version I have now requires 3.4, but we did update all the themes to work with 3.3. Right now all I can do is offer a hack:

1) Rename <filename>.ext to <filename>.zip
2) Open zip file and find graphics_frames.xml
3) make a copy of it
4) replace the <framedef name="chatbox"> code as follows:

<framedef name="chatbox">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/chatbox.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,150,150" />
<top rect="150,0,200,150" />
<topright rect="350,0,91,150" />
<left rect="0,150,150,200" />
<middle rect="150,150,200,200" />
<right rect="350,150,91,200" />
<bottomleft rect="0,350,150,215" />
<bottom rect="150,350,200,215" />
<bottomright rect="350,350,91,215" />
<insideoffset>0,0,31,31</insideoffset>
</framedef>

5) Save graphics_frames.xml
6) rename file back to .ext
7) Test

chiefarchon
June 13th, 2013, 10:34
I probably should state the following.

I haven't used Fantasy grounds for years but I have started again and have 5 players all ready and eager.

I purchased both Savage Suzerain and an upgrade to Fantasy grounds unlimited only on the 11th of June (three days ago).

Everything has been installed on a new computer using windows 8.

Importantly:
Savage worlds works just fine when there are no extensions.

When I add either Savage Suzerain or Sundered Skies the problem appears.

Oh and the settings dialogue in fantasy grounds has the following:
3.5E
3.5E-addons
4E
4E-addons
DGASW3
genaral-addons
S2P10013FG2
TAG100009FG2
Utilities
VortexGames

I can't help thinking that everything is not showing, according to earlier parts of this forum post?

I hope this information helps.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2013, 17:39
Oh and the settings dialogue in fantasy grounds has the following:
3.5E
3.5E-addons
4E
4E-addons
DGASW3
genaral-addons
S2P10013FG2
TAG100009FG2
Utilities
VortexGames

I can't help thinking that everything is not showing, according to earlier parts of this forum post?

Not all products that you may have purchased are covered by the update functionality. Smiteworks are adding more of the store products to the update functionality over time.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2013, 17:43
I just tried all of that, but its still not working. :cry:
There were a couple of steps missing in the instructions - between steps 5 and 6 there should be "zip the whole extension directory, from within the directory, to create a .zip file." It is then this .zip file (with your modified code inside) that you rename to .ext.

Basically, your extension (.ext file) is a .zip file renamed. You need to extract all of those files, make the change Doswelk mentions, zip all of the extension files back up and rename back to .ext and put this file in the <FG App Data Directory>\extension folder - temporarily remove the unmodified extension of the same name from that folder so you are not using the unmodified one by mistake.

chiefarchon
June 13th, 2013, 18:11
ITS WORKING.......... IT'S WORKING.....

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL

:)

my hubby says I have to tell you that he did it from your instructions. Why do men always Do THAT :/

Trenloe
June 13th, 2013, 18:17
ITS WORKING.......... IT'S WORKING.....

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL

:)
Great! So pleased it is working for you now. :)

my hubby says I have to tell you that he did it from your instructions. Why do men always Do THAT :/
It's because we usually don't follow instructions, thinking we know better. But when we do and it works we have to give credit where it's due. :D

Doswelk
June 13th, 2013, 19:18
There were a couple of steps missing in the instructions - between steps 5 and 6 there should be "zip the whole extension directory, from within the directory, to create a .zip file." It is then this .zip file (with your modified code inside) that you rename to .ext.

Basically, your extension (.ext file) is a .zip file renamed. You need to extract all of those files, make the change Doswelk mentions, zip all of the extension files back up and rename back to .ext and put this file in the <FG App Data Directory>\extension folder - temporarily remove the unmodified extension of the same name from that folder so you are not using the unmodified one by mistake.
Really?

Sorry I use Winzip and it lets me just edit the files inside the zip, sorry about that.

Doswelk
June 13th, 2013, 19:19
That said what should be the case is that the store is updated with the 3.3 version I sent over when 3.3 was released. :(

chiefarchon
June 13th, 2013, 20:22
That said what should be the case is that the store is updated with the 3.3 version I sent over when 3.3 was released. :(

I second that :P

phantomwhale
June 17th, 2013, 09:11
I'll underline this with Doug when Kevin and I are pushing out the v3.4 Savage Worlds products.