PDA

View Full Version : GM Playing

sakmerlin37
June 10th, 2013, 08:18
Is it possible for a GM to take control of a PC? Or, would I have to take the created PC and make him an NPC? Sometimes, in my games, I play a character if we are a player short; not sure how to handle this in FGII.

Doswelk
June 10th, 2013, 09:07
Just open the character sheet and make the rolls.

sakmerlin37
June 10th, 2013, 16:17
Simple enough; thanks again!

sakmerlin37
June 18th, 2013, 18:59
Another trick to note for those GMs who like to roleplay a PC while/if a player is gone, missing or there are just not enough players for the night, part of the fun of the RPG genre in FGII is being able to "see" the character talking (i.e., /e laughs = <character name> laughs); while I can open up the character sheet and just roll the dice, that isn't quite the same as roleplaying.

So, what I did was to create an NPC with a name quite similar to the PC in question, mirroring the stats, etc; and then use his voice when speaking, emoting, acting or what-have-you and then roll off the character sheet.

Not sure if there's a better way, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

~Steve

Mgrancey
June 18th, 2013, 19:59
Personally, If someone is missing a game I would suggest either having another PC run them or just exclude them. GMs have enough to handle without adding a PC character to the mix, and most times I've seen a GM run a character as well it doesn't turn out very well.

Griogre
June 25th, 2013, 17:48
Another trick to note for those GMs who like to roleplay a PC while/if a player is gone, missing or there are just not enough players for the night, part of the fun of the RPG genre in FGII is being able to "see" the character talking (i.e., /e laughs = <character name> laughs); while I can open up the character sheet and just roll the dice, that isn't quite the same as roleplaying.

So, what I did was to create an NPC with a name quite similar to the PC in question, mirroring the stats, etc; and then use his voice when speaking, emoting, acting or what-have-you and then roll off the character sheet.

Not sure if there's a better way, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

~Steve
You can just set a GM id with the PC's name. That's what I do.