PDA

View Full Version : Inventory - Deadlans Reloaded

sakmerlin37
June 10th, 2013, 07:48
It was easy to add weapons & armor to my players' characters; however, when we tried to add the mundane stuff (food, tents, etc.), they would not be entered into the inventory by dragging and dropping.

I was able to right-click and create an item, but could not enter its weight.

How can we add items to our inventory on our character sheets?

Thank you in advance :).

sakmerlin37
June 10th, 2013, 08:31
Another Inventory question, or, rather, "gear" question:

How do I add gear to an NPC's "GEAR" section? I tried dragging and dropping, to no avail; I've also tried typing it into the section, and it did not work.

I created a new NPC, altered his stats, gave him a name, etc., but could not add gear. I was able to add a weapon, but could not find a place for armor.

Using the Deadlands: Reloaded, S&R Catalog & the Murder on the Hellstromme Express adventure module.

Doswelk
June 10th, 2013, 09:05
Savage Worlds 3.4 provides drag and drop to all sections of the character sheet, so when it is released you will be able to drag and drop.

NPC Gear tab is pure text, you just type it in, I was having a chat to PW and hopefully an overhaul of the NPC sheet will be tackled.

sakmerlin37
June 10th, 2013, 16:15
Ahh, thank you; I thought that I was missing something or forgot how to do it :P

phantomwhale
June 11th, 2013, 05:24
Yeah, items were scheduled (in my mind) to get a lot more love for v3.4, but probably got more wins from integrating Ikael's extension instead.

Would still love to upgrade items to first-class citizens again, rather than collections of text and/or simple objects

phantomwhale
June 11th, 2013, 05:25
Side note - not quite sure how you've got the advanced inventory AND a working copy of Deadlands: Reloaded ?

To my mind, that would require Ikael's extension as well as the Deadlands: Reloaded extension, and those two don't play well together...

sakmerlin37
June 12th, 2013, 19:45
Hello Ben,

Not sure what "advanced inventory" means; I have the inventory from the S&R Catalog and the SW Players Guide.

The PC sheets have several tabs on the right hand side of the sheet, with Inventory being one of them. I don't have Ikael's extension installed at alll and have never installed it, having heard that it doesn't work well with Deadlands: Reloaded.

Thanks,

Steve

phantomwhale
June 13th, 2013, 00:28
Ah sorry, misread something you'd said in the original post. Quite right, they don't mix, and you still have the basic inventory from 3.3, currently.

sakmerlin37
June 14th, 2013, 04:24
No worries, thanks for looking in. I'm looking forward to some of the changes in 3.4 already :).