PDA

View Full Version : Extensions for custom rulesets not visible

Rangarig
June 9th, 2013, 08:59
I have recently rediscovered Fantasy Grounds, but since I rarely play D&D at this point, I opted to download custom rulesets, specifically for World of Darkness and GURPS.

Unfortunately, the extensions for these rulesets do not show up at all in the campaign creation screen.

I downloaded the relevant files from the 'Library' section of the FG-website, and the versions of the files coincide with the entries on the website.

I would appreciate some help and advice to solve this issue! Thanks in advance!

viresanimi
June 9th, 2013, 23:24
One thing that I missed when I got this programme, was that I put rulesets in the programme folder, which is a mistake.

You have to find the application data folder and the fantasy grounds folder. There should be a folder there called "Rulesets". If there aren't, then make it. The rulesets should be here.

Also, if you have put the rulesets here correctly you have to restart Fantasy Grounds.

That is all I could think of at the moment.

Rangarig
June 9th, 2013, 23:28
Ah, sorry - by going to the FG2 community chat, I was able to resolve the problem. The main issue is that the files in the 'Library' section of the website are seemingly not up to date.

I found the installers for GURPS and nWoD on a different website (https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/). These are actually installed to the main FG2 directory, but work nonetheless.

viresanimi
June 9th, 2013, 23:30
Ah yes. They're .pak files I presume. These do work in the main game directory. In general I just keep things in the rulesets folder, so I have everything in one place.

Good there was a solution.

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2013, 08:12
Thanks for the heads up on which community projects are out of date, and where to find the most recent. I'll look at getting them updated this week.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2013, 23:35
Thanks. Fixed in the Library now.

JPG