PDA

View Full Version : Edge of the Empire on FG?

ransolot
June 9th, 2013, 01:26
Hello all, so I'm not sure if that has been asked or not (I'm sure it has) but, is FG planning on making a module version for Star Wars: Edge of the Empire when it comes out? I've toyed with the beginner box a little and so far, LOVE the system and would love for my friends and I to continue our online gaming with FG. We will most likely be switching over to EotE once it comes out. Thanks all and have a great session!!!

Rickerdoo
June 12th, 2013, 00:57
I have been playing Edge of the Empire for 6 months and love it. I hope FG hops on board. :)

Mgrancey
June 12th, 2013, 15:24
Is exceedingly unlikely as the reason you won't be able to get a PDF of those books is that they fall under the Electronic Games license which FFG didn't acquire due to the expense for such rights. I have no doubt that FG would fall under the same type of license as well.
You might find someone who would do character sheet but getting someone to do the code would probably be difficult and without a pdf I doubt you would find someone to make library.

Trenloe
June 12th, 2013, 16:06
You *may* be able to produce a ruleset that covers the mechanics without infringing on copyright and other licence agreements. See the Warhammer FRP 3 ruleset as an example - this uses a very similar dice pool mechanic (and is an FFG game as well): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/WFRP_3E.xcp

But, like the Warhammer FRP 3 ruleset, for Edge of Empire you can't distribute any of the intellectual property - therefore you can't distribute library modules which contain any data from the rules books, even things like weapons... For the Warhammer FRP 3 ruleset there is a blank module provided to allow you manually enter library data yourself.

Talen
June 12th, 2013, 16:19
In this situation , if the ip is an issue, getting the dice at least would permit at least a bare bones game to run. The rule set seems to be an easy one to otherwise run on the fly.

Trenloe
June 12th, 2013, 16:22
In this situation , if the ip is an issue, getting the dice at least would permit at least a bare bones game to run. The rule set seems to be an easy one to otherwise run on the fly.
From what I've seen of it (from the beta test) it is very, very similar to WFRP3e - so that ruleset would be a good place to start. Change the dice graphics, character sheet and off you go...

Mgrancey
June 12th, 2013, 16:59
Probably, having played the setting/system I would be very interested in seeing them make it into a core system. THough I haven't tried WFRP3e, I might have to look into it.