PDA

View Full Version : Only the basic extensions are showing

princeearwig
June 7th, 2013, 19:52
Hi everyone,
We recently got a brand new PC and have gotten around to installing Fantasy Grounds.
It is Windows 8 (the wife insisted) and fantasy grounds is Ultimate License and v2.9.4.
I've hard coded the shortcut to run as an administrator just in case that causes any complications.

The problem is that none of the additional extensions that we use are showing up on the launcher. The only ones showing are the core ones for 4e and 3.5e rulesets.

I've simplified the data directory down to "d:\fantasy grounds data" and have mirrored that correctly into the settings.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Each and every one of the extension work on my other PC's installation of Fantasy Grounds (Full Licence)

All of the recent extensions have been retrieved directly from the Fantasy Grounds library.

Any and all help is appreciated.

John

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2013, 20:14
Did you copy over the FG data folder from the previous machine to your new machine?

Otherwise, you would have to re-install those rulesets and extensions from where you found them originally (store or community). The community rulesets are also now available via the Library page of this site.

Regards,
JPG

princeearwig
June 7th, 2013, 20:57
No it was a brand new install.
Some of the guys on the live chat have been assisting me and it would appear that if I locate the very latest version of a ruleset and use that, rather than just grabbing the one off of the library on here, then they work.

Or at least the World of Darkness and Wfrp 3E ones that I have tried so far do.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2013, 22:57
When you figure out which versions are the latest, please let me know which ones and where the latest version links are, and I will update the Library.

Thanks,
JPG