PDA

View Full Version : More Than One

Dean Carter
June 7th, 2013, 15:10
I have a quick question.

Can 1 player play more that 1 Character?

Thanks,

Dean

Valarian
June 7th, 2013, 16:15
Yes, they can select a second character from the character list. They swap through a right-click action on the portrait. If they want to close one of the characters, they right-click and select release.

Dean Carter
June 8th, 2013, 03:04
I must be doing something wrong, because the character selection doesn't show any other characters after I've picked the first. Any ideas?

Trenloe
June 8th, 2013, 03:09
I must be doing something wrong, because the character selection doesn't show any other characters after I've picked the first. Any ideas?
Are the other characters owned by other players? Even if a player releases a PC it is still owned by them and other players can't select that PC. The GM has to go to the character selection screen and right-click on the PCs and clear ownership so that other players can then select them (players may need to close and re-open the character selection window to see recently cleared PCs).

Dean Carter
June 8th, 2013, 03:17
All of the other characters show none for ownership. I've tried opening and closing the selection window but still the player is not presented with any other characters. Is there a setting I'm not activating?

Trenloe
June 8th, 2013, 04:36
All of the other characters show none for ownership. I've tried opening and closing the selection window but still the player is not presented with any other characters. Is there a setting I'm not activating?
There's not a setting that needs activating.

Ask the player to clear their cache - press the "Join Game" button after starting Fantasy Grounds and then hit the radioactive icon "clear player cache data" button to the top right.

Valarian
June 8th, 2013, 07:13
Which version of the ruleset are you using? I must admit that I don't run SW very much, so I'd have to check. I'm fairly sure the latest one allows it though.

Valarian
June 8th, 2013, 13:23
Confirmed that I can do this in the latest live version (v3.3) of the Savage Worlds ruleset. You select your primary character logging in and can then call up PCs to choose the secondary one. You can switch using a single left-click, release with the right-click option. The character sheet opens on a double-click.

Dean Carter
June 8th, 2013, 18:19
Ahhh that was it. I had installed the most recent version of Savage Worlds Deluxe v331 yet my computer was still loading an older version. I had to uninstall all of the old and new Savage World stuff and reinstall the new. Now it works fine.
Thanks much for all your help.
Dean
:)

phantomwhale
June 9th, 2013, 12:26
Cool - was just checking in on this - you certainly can use multiple characters.

That said, let me know if you can any problems with using multiple characters, as it's not something I test actively !

S Ferguson
June 9th, 2013, 20:27
Cool - was just checking in on this - you certainly can use multiple characters.

That said, let me know if you can any problems with using multiple characters, as it's not something I test actively !

So far it hasn't caused any problems for me. And the mortality, insanity, and immortality rates in my games, seem to run pretty high. It's beneficial to have two characters.

Or, roll another one up cause you know there's something awful behind the next alleyway.

Regards,
SF

scionofnyarlathotep
June 9th, 2013, 20:30
So far it hasn't caused any problems for me. And the mortality, insanity, and immortality rates in my games, seem to run pretty high. It's beneficial to have two characters.

Or, roll another one up cause you know there's something awful behind the next alleyway.

Regards,
SF

Only two, you are slipping old bean. May need more than two for my Deadlands campaign <eg>

S Ferguson
June 10th, 2013, 22:12
Only two, you are slipping old bean. May need more than two for my Deadlands campaign <eg>

I know, I've already go 17 more pre-generated characters. Dynamite might prove to be dangerous.