PDA

View Full Version : Table Imports

Iceman
June 6th, 2013, 15:49
I love the tables and have already created my own custom crit and fumble tables, though it was a lot of work.

I am wondering if there is an import option for say, a csv file or any other reasonable format? As an example I have both an Access and Excel wandering beastie table, either of which can be easily exported to csv. I would like to have a simple format (die roll, result, description-just like the tables now) and simply import the data.

IDEALLY when rolling on the table for something like a wandering beastie and presuming that it is a standard 3.5e beastie, then the RED BOX drag and drop option onto the encounter table would be a HUGE enhancement!

So is it all manual at this point with tables? The only advantage I get from doing it manually is that I have yet another excuse to ignore my wife for several more hours.....

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2013, 02:36
There is no option to import/export right now, though it would make a good wish list option. (see my sig)

You can technically copy and paste the records from the campaign db.xml files. If you take this route, make sure to make a backup of your db.xml files before messing aroudn in them.

Cheers,
JPG

JohnD
June 7th, 2013, 02:52
Can't you save as a module and open them that way?

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2013, 03:19
Yes, I believe you can, using the /export command.

JPG