PDA

View Full Version : [BRP] Heian Japan - Interest Check

DeLeon
June 5th, 2013, 22:30
I'm currently working on a historical Heian Japan campaign that I'm planning to run using roll20.net, and I'm wondering if there is enough interest here to also run a FGII game. I'm converting much of the information from the Legends of the Samurai campaign guide, and adding some of my own material and rules variations. The stories will be derived from traditional Noh and Kabuki plays as well as mythology from the Tale of Genji and the writings of Lafcadio Hearn. I expect the campaign to be ready to run in a month or so. Is anyone here interested in such a game? If so, I already own the FGII software, so it wouldn't take much work for me to run it in FGII.

RosenMcStern
June 6th, 2013, 13:05
Actually, i was willng to propose a Japanese-themed game for the FG-con myself :D

If the timezone does not prevent it, count me in, both in Roll20 and in FG.

Question: why are you asking people about what SW they prefer? The logic behind this should be that you, who are in charge of game preparation and network setup (if you choose a client/server software instead of a web-based solution) should choose the solution that is best fit for your needs, and the players should comply.

damned
June 6th, 2013, 13:55
Question: why are you asking people about what SW they prefer? The logic behind this should be that you, who are in charge of game preparation and network setup (if you choose a client/server software instead of a web-based solution) should choose the solution that is best fit for your needs, and the players should comply.

so very true.
however it might be a bit impolite to advertise your exclusively roll20 sessions here on the FG boards :)

DeLeon
June 6th, 2013, 15:09

Well because I've owned FGII for a while, but I haven't used it much, so I didn't even know if I'd be able to find enough players to put a game together with it. I may run the game in both if I can get enough people for such.

RosenMcStern
June 7th, 2013, 13:00
Players play your game, not Fantasy Grounds or Roll20. If you choose R20 over FG, it is because you feel more comfortable with it. If instead you feel more comfortable with FG or MapTools, it is up to the players to adapt to your choice.