PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join a RM game

TerryA
June 5th, 2013, 11:55
Hi, would like to join a RM Classic FG came. I have a lot of RM experience, a little FG player exp. Thanks!

bennis1980
June 5th, 2013, 16:10
Hi Terry,

You are very welcome to the FG forums.

If you specify what times suit you (and what time zone) a GM will snatch you up :D

I am planning to start a weekly RMC game (with SM elements) in the next 4-6 weeks on Sundays from about 5pm (GMT) if that interests you. I will be posting more details on these forums when I have more structure (and FG prep work) in place.

TerryA
June 6th, 2013, 14:48
Well, awesome! I am on the east coast of the US, and mornings on weekends are fine with me (I am up all hours), and other times on weekdays may be okay at present also. And while I may be an old RM hand I promise I am not a system diva, as bennis1980 can attest, I prefer to just play and have fun.

bennis1980
June 6th, 2013, 14:57
I attest!

Not once did you give out when I (on more than one occasion) brush the rules asside with both hands.

Ardem
June 12th, 2013, 07:15
Whats the use of being a GM if you cannot brush aside rules.

Dakadin
June 12th, 2013, 07:20
Well, awesome! I am on the east coast of the US, and mornings on weekends are fine with me (I am up all hours), and other times on weekdays may be okay at present also. And while I may be an old RM hand I promise I am not a system diva, as bennis1980 can attest, I prefer to just play and have fun.

I can attest to that also. I played with Terry in both RMC games during FG Con and had a great time. :D

Chris_Seal
June 12th, 2013, 23:57
Hi Terry,

I'm picking that this is not going to work out because of the time differences, but figured I'd put it out there anyhow.

I'm in the process of preping a game that I hope to start in the next month or two. The problem is that I'm in New Zealand (GMT +12) and we play on Thursday evenings (7:30 pm local). I'm not sure what time zone you are in but EST is 3:30 am.

On the off chance that you are interested, please PM me and I'll give you some contact details.

All the best in your hunt for a game.

Cheers
Chris

Whatever@#
July 23rd, 2015, 22:15
I don't know if this thread is still alive.

But I am looking to join a RM group.

I am new to FG, I have the Steam demo.

I have played RMSS for years. Though each group has it's own house rules.

I'm on the East Coast U.S. pretty flexible schedule. Just looking for games without Demons in them.

If your interested send me a message.

Though I prefer RMSS, RMC should be close enough that I have a general idea of what is going on. I am a total FG noob, though it looked like the program is simple enough for players from the youtube video I saw.

Ardem
July 24th, 2015, 00:30
Hi Whatever,

I have one FRP session happening once a week but the time frame might not suit you.

AEST(australia) monday nights 8.30pm which is early morning monday for you I believe.

However on demons, due to playing on and off the Moving Shadows campaign it heavily feature a demon as the boss character per scenario. Your very welcome in joining us, however we might not be what your after, and also there is the time frame.

Whatever@#
July 24th, 2015, 18:03
Hi Whatever,

I have one FRP session happening once a week but the time frame might not suit you.

AEST(australia) monday nights 8.30pm which is early morning monday for you I believe.

However on demons, due to playing on and off the Moving Shadows campaign it heavily feature a demon as the boss character per scenario. Your very welcome in joining us, however we might not be what your after, and also there is the time frame.

Thank you for your reply Ardem. I am so glad to see a FRP or RMSS style group on here. Honestly if FG had a RMSS/FRP module showing I would of bought the standard FG and all of the RMSS stuff along with a bunch of tokens. I would of gone in blind. But because it only had RMC I was hesitant. I have seen you supporting RMFRP on the forums and I just want to thank you for your work in getting RMSS/FRP represented on FG. Is it possible they will get your conversions for FRP for sale in the FG stores soon? As I really like RMSS.

Actually I think the time would be like 10am in the morning for me. Which would actually be fine. The heavy demon thing is not for me. So if you ever start a new group in a non demon format please contact me. I would love to play.

Do you have a youtube video posted of your group? Some have that. I am learning basics about playing FG by watching groups play sessions on youtube. I am dying to see what you have done with FP and RMFRP. I would love to see what FRP does in FG.

Ardem
July 25th, 2015, 15:03
The FRP extension is a free download. So there is nothing to stop you from using it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15963-FRP-Extension

I would not call it a heavy demon game however I understand, however I think this campaign probably got another 6-12 months on it sorry to say. Because I play the campaign mixed in with other adventures standard mixed adventures.

Sorry nothing on youtube, however just grab the extension from the link and you can use it yourself.

Whatever@#
July 25th, 2015, 17:13
The FRP extension is a free download. So there is nothing to stop you from using it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15963-FRP-Extension

I would not call it a heavy demon game however I understand, however I think this campaign probably got another 6-12 months on it sorry to say. Because I play the campaign mixed in with other adventures standard mixed adventures.

Sorry nothing on youtube, however just grab the extension from the link and you can use it yourself.

No worries. I have gotten invited into a couple of games and I'm learning FG and a couple of different systems. So I will be busy for a while. Just learning what I can do in FG as a player is mind boggling enough...LOL. I will check youtube for a player video. They seem to have a 100 GM videos.

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded those files and if I decide to buy RMC I will definitely be using those.

I checked the ICE page and apparently they are working on a C/FRP combined RM system.

Maybe you and the guys from FG should contact them. They are a small company and have always responded to my emails. From the information I saw on the thread you and the guys who worked on this awesome mod might be able to work with them. And get the new information they are trying to do, put in as a purchasable mod in the FG store. The new ICE has the Copyright, FG has the application. You guys did the mod. Since you guys already did the work, maybe they could throw you guys a buck or two for each C/FRP mod purchased. As essentially you guys already combined the systems for them. Not many people turn down free money thrown at them. So maybe it would work out?

And I'm sure if you guys actually got a little compensation, you would be more likely to continue making the system better :)

Ardem
July 26th, 2015, 00:28
Its ok I know the guy who is making it. And he is a much better programmer then I, so I know the RMC/FRP/U will be in safe hands

Werd
July 27th, 2015, 02:48
I'd love to join a game too but never see any ads for any in the LFG forum. I'm pretty new to RM but having played a game ran by Chris during the recent FGCON I am keen to play some more. If anyone could fit another player in I'd love to give it a shot. My times pretty flexible so I could likely work out something even if it is an AUS or EU centered game.

Ardem
July 27th, 2015, 23:45
As mentioned I have slot available. Every Monday Night AEST 8.30pm to 11.30pm.

Been a long running campaign so you would start at level 7. Send me a PM if interested. Having said that pretty much everyone who started with us has had limited exposure to RM, they come up to speed pretty quickly and everyone is used to helping out.

hawkwind
September 7th, 2015, 18:48
Spaces in my game too, I plan to play 8pm BST soon to be GMt on Monday night