PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading

Hoolix
June 4th, 2013, 16:49
I am wanting to upgrade from Lite to Full and have this question. I am on a different computer now that already had Fantasy Grounds on it; when I click on the upgrade button it wants me to log into the community, do I need to log in as the person whom originally put FG on this computer or under my name that I am registered in FG with?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2013, 17:28
I believe you'll need to login to the Fantasy Grounds website with the user ID that purchased the lite licence.

If you can't find your lite order, some info is provided in the FAQ: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=fantasy_grounds_faq#faq_license_and_pu rchasing_issues

Hoolix
June 4th, 2013, 19:35
Ok. I have purchased the upgrade but I get a warning flag when I try to do the upgrade saying to contact the software publisher and tell them that I am either on 32 bit or 64 bit, so how do i contact them?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2013, 22:39
Ok. I have purchased the upgrade but I get a warning flag when I try to do the upgrade saying to contact the software publisher and tell them that I am either on 32 bit or 64 bit, so how do i contact them?
I think that is a misleading message. Can you continue the installation, that is ignore the message and keep going?

Hoolix
June 4th, 2013, 22:42
No it shuts it down at that point. I was told earlier that it may take a few days once you do the Upgrade as it's a hands on thing on their end. Would that mean that once you purchased it you would have to wait a few days in order to install it or the upgrade wouldn't be complete in the program for a few days after you run the update?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2013, 22:48
No it shuts it down at that point. I was told earlier that it may take a few days once you do the Upgrade as it's a hands on thing on their end. Would that mean that once you purchased it you would have to wait a few days in order to install it or the upgrade wouldn't be complete in the program for a few days after you run the update?
The manual process is Smiteworks checking your original lite order, invalidating the original lite license key and issuing you with a new full licence key. It wouldn't affect the installation at all.

I would suggest uninstalling Fantasy Grounds (it will keep your campaign data, etc.) and re-installing using the most recent installer package - available from the "downloads" page (link at the top of this page).

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2013, 23:11
Actually, the problem is that we have an old updater app still linked to the Lite to Full product in the store. You don't need to download anything new to update FG.

Just follow these instructions:

Launch Fantasy Grounds
Click on the Settings button in the Launcher
Enter your Lite license key in the License Key field.
Enter your Lite to Full upgrade key in the Upgrade Key field.
Click OK.
Click Update.
When the update completes, close the Update application.
Fantasy Grounds should launch and the version in the upper right of the launcher window should read v2.9.4, not v2.9.4 Lite.

Cheers,
JPG

Hoolix
June 4th, 2013, 23:34
Thanks for both of your help and to whomever at FG got back to me via e-mail, I did what moon_wizard said and that worked perfectly. Thanks once again for all of your help. Now to figure out how in the world to import my maps and watch some of these tutorials posted and get a good campaign going.

Morfedel
June 6th, 2013, 15:04
Ok, I'm trying to upgrade from Full to Ultimate. I bought the new license through paypal, took them hours to process my payment, and now I need to update to ultimate.

It says Ultimate in the right corner, it says v.2.9.4 ultimate, but it still also has the upgrade to ultimate button available, and has something in the version window in the middle that says version 2.9.4 Support for Ultimate Upgrade Weekends for Full License

I have no idea what that means, but I never received an update code, for instance, so I'm not sure where I stand or how to update this.

Blahness98
June 6th, 2013, 15:46
Did you send your old license code to smiteworks so they can disable it and send you a new one? That step is missed a lot and usually the cause of the issue. I think the email is [email protected] but double check the upgrade page before sending out your serial. Once they get it, the turn around time is pretty quick.

My guess at the he reason it says ultimate right now is because of the FG con that occurred over the weekend. I have a feeling they did not disable that functionallity just yet.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2013, 15:51
Blahness is correct in what he's saying - you need to email your old full licence to Smiteworks. Details in the bold section at the top of the store page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK03-UPGRADE

The full to ultimate upgrade was part of FG-Con and was extended for a week - this ends at midnight EST tonight.

Blackfoot
June 6th, 2013, 16:21
I didn't realize there WAS a Lite -> Full upgrade option. I don't see it listed in the Store.
Full -> Ultimate is there along with the 3 base license types.
It would be nice if this were available as an option if it is not already.
It would be great if you could upgrade from Lite to Full for a slight premium over the cost of a full license alone... ($39-$24=$15... so make it $20 for the upgrade maybe)
Otherwise.. if you buy a full for full price.. you might as well just keep your lite and use it as an alternate license for a girlfriend/wife/kid or something.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2013, 16:27
I didn't realize there WAS a Lite -> Full upgrade option. I don't see it listed in the Store.
Full -> Ultimate is there along with the 3 base license types.
It would be nice if this were available as an option if it is not already.
It would be great if you could upgrade from Lite to Full for a slight premium over the cost of a full license alone... ($39-$24=$15... so make it $20 for the upgrade maybe)
Otherwise.. if you buy a full for full price.. you might as well just keep your lite and use it as an alternate license for a girlfriend/wife/kid or something.
There is a lite to full upgrade option.

The link to it is available on the first screen of Fantasy Grounds when you're running a lite version.

Blackfoot
June 6th, 2013, 16:40
I've seen that button.. but I don't see it in the store... hrm... how much does it cost?

Trenloe
June 6th, 2013, 17:28
I've seen that button.. but I don't see it in the store... hrm... how much does it cost?
It costs $20.

Blackfoot
June 6th, 2013, 17:39
I guess they did their math the same way I did. :)
Seems like it would be a good idea for that to be listed in the store alongside the Full->Ultimate option.

Morfedel
June 7th, 2013, 13:23
My payment was apparently selected for a second review. All's good now. :)