PDA

View Full Version : Token size problem

leozelig
June 4th, 2013, 01:43
Hi,

I am running 2.9.4 on Windows 8 with the OSRIC ruleset. My players use their portraits for tokens, and I use the medium letter tokens for monsters. The tokens have always been the same size in the past, but now the letter tokens are 2x the size of the portrait tokens. This change occurred sometime in the past 1-2 weeks (FG update?), and I have run OSRIC games for months using the same setup, no problems until now.

Anyone else having this issue?

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2013, 08:54
As far as I remember, the token size is determined by the ruleset. In most rulesets, it's tied to the size of the portrait_token.png graphic size. I remember boosting this from 32 to 50 pixels in the 3.5E and 4E rulesets last year.

The most recent update (v2.9.4) only included changes to the launcher to allow the free Full-to-Ultimate weekends. So, none of the token code would have been changed.

Have you updated the OSRIC ruleset recently, or updated any of the graphics?

Regards,
JPG

leozelig
June 5th, 2013, 18:21
Thanks for the reply! No recent OSRIC updates. Sounds like it is not the FG update.

I will try changing the size of the portrait token image to 50 pixels.

leozelig
June 8th, 2013, 13:20
Changing the pixel size of the portrait token image file works. I am still confused about why this was suddenly an issue. The OSRIC ruleset has not been updated recently.

Another new token-related bug I have noticed in the past couple weeks is that the token does not follow the npc entry when you drop it into the combat tracker. It creates the npc entry with an empty token.

I am curious whether anyone else can reproduce these bugs. I know OSRIC is not one of the more commonly used rulesets, but it is free to download. If anyone has time... :)

Trenloe
June 8th, 2013, 14:36
Another new token-related bug I have noticed in the past couple weeks is that the token does not follow the npc entry when you drop it into the combat tracker. It creates the npc entry with an empty token.

I am curious whether anyone else can reproduce these bugs. I know OSRIC is not one of the more commonly used rulesets, but it is free to download. If anyone has time... :)
Works fine for me - no problem at all. The player selects their portrait and then as the GM I put the character onto the combat tracker by dragging the portrait from the top left.

leozelig
June 9th, 2013, 14:06
Works fine for me - no problem at all. The player selects their portrait and then as the GM I put the character onto the combat tracker by dragging the portrait from the top left.

Ok, thanks Trenloe!

I guess that puts the problem on my end, so it isn't really a bug. I will figure it out...

Edit: I was referring to NPC tokens, not PCs... Dragging a PC into the tracker works fine. Tokens do not follow NPCs dragged into the tracker.