PDA

View Full Version : Can't Reinstall FG

reddogg48801
June 2nd, 2013, 23:58
My wife and I have been using this program for 2 years when we finally bought her a new computer. Not knowing how to change the key on FG, I just tried to redownload and reinstall the program. Upon uninstalling and redownloading, the program would no longer reinstall. As soon as I download it and go to run the installer, it skips straight to the updater and then gets an error message. How do I get it to reinstall on my computer again?

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2013, 01:49
The installer is now a slimmed down web installer - it runs an initial "update" to download the latest Fantasy Grounds application, rulesets, tokens, etc..

So, what you're seeing initially is correct.

What errors are you seeing in the initial update? There have been some reported issues over the last couple of days with this process taking very long or stopping with errors - there seems to be an issue with the Fantasy Grounds update database, see post #2 of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18866

What errors are you seeing?

reddogg48801
June 3rd, 2013, 14:40
Handlefile: Unable to save file (extensions/Dungeon Theme.ext)

damned
June 3rd, 2013, 15:28
try right clicking the WebInstaller and choosing "Run As Administrator". Try temporarily disabling AntiVirus and Firewall too.

reddogg48801
June 6th, 2013, 00:21
turned off firewall, virus scan and ran as admin. still nothing.

Trenloe
June 6th, 2013, 00:26
Where did you download the installer from? An email/order receipt or from the "downloads" section on this website?

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2013, 00:49
Try going to the Data Directory specified in the Settings dialog for the updater, and deleting the extensions/DungeonTheme.ext file. We've seen some situations where one of the files gets into a weird permission state that prevents the updater from overwriting it with the most recent version.

Regards,
JPG

reddogg48801
June 6th, 2013, 01:41
downloads section. the link I got with the original e-mail is broken.

reddogg48801
June 6th, 2013, 01:53
Moon, you are a god or goddess among men. It worked. Thanks a million!!!

<Bows and grovels>