PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.9.4

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2013, 06:59
Fantasy Grounds v2.9.4 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This is very minor release that is allowing us to upgrade all Full license owners to Ultimate status for this weekend, in honor of the FG virtual convention.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
May 30th, 2013, 07:17
This is very minor release that is allowing us to upgrade all Full license owners to Ultimate status for this weekend, in honor of the FG virtual convention.
This is an amazing add-on for the convention - thanks JPG and Doug! :-)

FG-Con announcement and instructions here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/

viresanimi
May 30th, 2013, 11:11
Due to personal commitments I won't be attending the FG-Con, but I would like to mention that things like this is why I love this community and the people that arrange things, and of course the devs that support it in such a manner.

Vires Animi

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2013, 13:29
Very classy move! And a smart business move I think!

JohnD
May 30th, 2013, 13:40
Should everyone update regardless of whether or not they are participating in the weekend?

Trenloe
May 30th, 2013, 15:42
Should everyone update regardless of whether or not they are participating in the weekend?
The difference between 2.9.3 and 2.9.4 is only the code to read the "Full to Ultimate" flag and if Smiteworks have set it use ultimate functionality. 2.9.3 can connect to 2.9.4 and vice versa so there really isn't a need to upgrade if you don't want to. But, if you get tempted to press that red button in the bottom left then it is a quick update and gets you onto 2.9.4 - then you'll know in future if there are any new updates by the red button appearing again!

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2013, 18:59
Any hosts with Full licenses who want to use the free upgrade to Ultimate for this weekend must update; however, clients can be running either v2.9.3 or v2.9.4 to connect to these upgraded licenses.

Cheers,
JPG

jwthomp
May 31st, 2013, 01:36
Any plans for a upgrade from full to ultimate sale during the convention?

ddavison
May 31st, 2013, 07:02
We have no plans for a discount on the upgrade at this time. We are thinking about having a sale on some adventure modules which have lower sales though.

Kontroar
June 1st, 2013, 22:38
I did click the shiny red candy like button and attempted to upgrade. However, I receive the following error message after a series of server time outs.

"ProcessNextFile: Unable to save file (graphics/buttons/button_toggle.gm.png) to package (C:\Fantasy GroundsII\3.5E.pak.ptc)"

Personally, from the sounds of it, I don't really need to apply the update. I just wasn't certain if this error may cause a problem down the road. The Updater stops after reporting the error message within the 3.5E package.

If I deselect that package, the update completes. :)

Moon Wizard
June 2nd, 2013, 05:58
It sounds like the permissions or the file got corrupted at some point in the past.

Try manually deleting the 3.5E.pak.ptc file from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\" directory, and I believe the problem should resolve.

Regards,
JPG

Kontroar
June 2nd, 2013, 08:52
That did it. Although, I'm not sure how/when/why it was adjusted. It's resolved.

Thanks for the information and the incredibly quick response!