PDA

View Full Version : SW Horror Companion questions

daddystabz
May 29th, 2013, 03:14
I purchased the Horror Companion earlier today but I have question.

1) I do not see a way to drag and drop the special abilities/weaknesses of the children of the night PC character options. Is there a way to easily do this so I can drag and drop these on character sheets?

Also, when you grab a entry from the bestiary and drag it into the PC window to create a player character based upon it how am I to know what experience level the PC is at to begin with? Example: One of my players chose the Typical Occult Researcher from the bestiary and it seems to me the abilities of this character are beyond the level of a starting novice level PC. So what experience level should I say he is for purposes of gaining experience in the campaign and going up in rank?

Thanks in advance!

Mask_of_winter
May 29th, 2013, 13:32
I purchased the Horror Companion earlier today but I have question.

Also, when you grab a entry from the bestiary and drag it into the PC window to create a player character based upon it how am I to know what experience level the PC is at to begin with? Example: One of my players chose the Typical Occult Researcher from the bestiary and it seems to me the abilities of this character are beyond the level of a starting novice level PC. So what experience level should I say he is for purposes of gaining experience in the campaign and going up in rank?

Thanks in advance!

NPCs in Savage Worlds are not built like PC's are. They are given whatever they need. Check out page 125 of the Savage Worlds Deluxe in the paragraph titled "creating extras".

If your player likes that archetype I would suggest he uses it as a guideline to create his own pc or use the Investigator archetype on page 18 as a template.

Hope that helps.