PDA

View Full Version : Super Heros (Think Batman, not Superman)

Hemophage
May 26th, 2013, 23:48
The year is 2020. Its only been 3 years since Divis Mal made his first appearance in the news. He released what he called the Null Manifesto, claiming to be more than human, a Nova and as such not subject to human or "Baseline" law.

This is an excerpt from the Null Manifesto.

"We are our own nation; to be nova is to transcend the baselines from which we evolved. We want only to live in accord with the promptings, which come from our true selves. Why is that so revolutionary? We exist beyond human comprehension, and while we have yet to define our own laws, we must have the space and freedom necessary to chart our own course. Only those novas who are too lazy or too comfortable to think for themselves, to judge and regulate their own behavior accordingly, obey baseline laws.

True members of the One Race sense their own laws within them; things are forbidden to them that a common baseline will do any day of the year, and other things are allowed to them that are generally despised. Each nova must stand on her or his own feet. I beseech all members of Homo sapiens novus to follow the path that will take them to a better understanding of what and who they are. This will require courage, but the chick that fears the outside world dies in its egg. To be born, the One Race must destroy its egg and, in time, fly. For this we are slandered, but we cannot claim surprise. Those few powerful individuals with courage and character have always seemed sinister to the rest. Anything that threatens the calm in which the baselines live they call "revolutionary".

They have become nervous because they realize that with the coming of the One Race the rules by which they have lived are no longer valid. The labels they affix to us are of no concern. We cannot and will not apologize for a difference this fundamental. We must explore what it is to be nova, not for a betterment of the human race, but for the betterment of the nova race. Perhaps there are some novas who prefer to stay with the baseline herd for the warmth it provides. I say obtain your warmth from equals. Humans do not require the companionship of monkeys, and likewise, novas do not require the companionship of baselines. We are destined to make a strange and terrible journey, and this we cannot do alone.

While each nova must walk his or her own path, we must gather and share our knowledge and our companionship. We are at the gates of a glorious new age, and we must take the first steps towards our destiny; to do this we need to be one. Realize that it is only novas who can lead this journey. Homo sapiens sapiens had its chance -- it is now the age of the One Race.

Whosoever would be creator, must first destroy, and in the age of the One Race, a terrible angel is loosed, preparing his grand creation..."

Since the release of the Null Manifesto there have been a Rash of increasingly violent, sophisticated and brutal acts of terrorism around the globe. The perpetrators are members of the Teragen, a meta-human organization who claim superiority over baselines. An organization who includes members like Brutus, a 12 foot tall, 800 lbs psychopath who murdered 47 people including the former president of the United States in his rampage through the White house. Members like Dr. Xiao who's "vacination" efforts led to untold thousands of African's being infected with a highly contagious lethal virus, the spread of which was only stopped due to large scale firebombings. The death count after the firebombings were finished numbered well into the hundreds of thousands. Members like the Mouse, who simultaneously hacked into the worlds 10 largest financial institutions and erased the balance of every governmental law enforcement agency in the world. Which directly led to the police riots of 2018. In response to this threat, the HSP (Homo Sapien Protectorate) was created. They have gathered together humanities best and brightest from around the world as a bastion of defense against this powerful new threat. You are one such human.

Play times to be announced, im available mon-fri 4pm to 8pm General Mountain Time and anytime sat or sund.

I can do both VOIP and text only, whichever the groups decides it wants to do.

Ruleset will be a D10 system

Books, will be the Abberant books from whitewolf, the history contained therein will be modifed for anyone familiar with it.

So, if you are interested please reply with your availability.

Hemophage
June 1st, 2013, 03:38
Im Sad that no one wants to save my world from the evil meta humans :(

wbcreighton
June 1st, 2013, 16:33
I think that there aren't as many GMT gamers as EST gamers. I would guess some people may be uncertain about it being a d10 system. Is it a homebrew game system ?

Hemophage
June 1st, 2013, 18:22
it is not a homebrew, is World of Darkness Super Heros. Although i have taken some liberties with the history of the established books. Est is Mon - Thur 6-10pm Friday after 6pm and anytime sat or sunday.