PDA

View Full Version : Coupla inventory item questions

dr_venture
May 26th, 2013, 03:51
I'm just curious: does it seem feasible to create a container item, like a sack or trunk or such, that appears as just an item in the character's inventory, but when it is clicked on, opens a new window with its own list of items that are contained therein? The total weight and/or encumbrance of the item could be updated whenever items were added or removed from the container. It's not as eloquent as expandable containers in the character's inventory window, but it seems very useful, both for characters handing off containers (and all the items therein), and for GMs designing modules.

Another question: is it feasible (I bet it is) to create a system for transferring items from one character to another, whereby a person can drag an inventory item to a portrait, and the item will be removed from the drager's inventory, and added to the dragee's inventory?

Doswelk
May 27th, 2013, 01:22
Another question: is it feasible (I bet it is) to create a system for transferring items from one character to another, whereby a person can drag an inventory item to a portrait, and the item will be removed from the drager's inventory, and added to the dragee's inventory?
Well the adventure deck in Savage worlds works like that. SO I do not see why it could not be modified to work with inventory by someone more clever than I

Ikael
May 27th, 2013, 06:13
Well the adventure deck in Savage worlds works like that. SO I do not see why it could not be modified to work with inventory by someone more clever than I

Savage Worlds v3.4 has feature for container items and you can give items to other players by dragging and dropping them into portraits. If you have not tried this one, please give a shot on next playtest session.

dr_venture, all that is feasible to do and sample codes about that can be found from SWFI extension. Check the SW thread for more info.

dr_venture
May 27th, 2013, 16:51
Thanks for the great info!