PDA

View Full Version : #4-19: The Night March of Kalkamedes

lachancery
May 25th, 2013, 17:33
This is the thread to upload the character XMLs and the chronicle sheets for this scenario (https://www.fg-con.com/events/pathfinder-society-scenario-4-19-the-night-march-of-kalkamedes/) being run at the FG Con II.

Killian
May 26th, 2013, 12:37
Just a quick query what's the level range we've settled on? The Con chat lists 2's 3's and 4's wanting to be played. My choices at the moment are limited to level 4 characters or level 1's so just trying to get a gauge of the group so I can select wisely.

lachancery
May 26th, 2013, 14:58
Yes, the PC average seems to be 3. The playable subtiers are 1-2 and 4-5. Since there is a waiting queue, I'll look into whether it's legal to have a 7th player at the table to be able to play up to subtier 4-5.

Bloodlust
May 26th, 2013, 15:27
I'll be playing a level 4, so definitely 4-5 for my vote :)

I have to build this guy in Fantasy Grounds - been ages since I've had a game here.

wbcreighton
May 27th, 2013, 23:23
Sorry I was not looking at my schedule closely enough, and I already have something scheduled in this slot. :( So I have to drop out. I'll do that through the site now.

Was looking forward to it. I guess my loss is someone else's gain.

Harbinger
May 28th, 2013, 03:09
Level 2 monk is my highest , like one 1xp away from level 3. Just in case you have an opening for my character since I asked to be on the waiting list on the website, I'll up load my character here for you.

Killian
May 30th, 2013, 10:54
Sorry for the delay but was trying to find a character that wouldn't disrupt the balance. Looking at the situation I'll post my level 4 monk and a backup level 1 (which annoyingly I've lost the chronicle sheet for)

Level 4 Monk Haematite

Level 1 Druid Tuari

If we play down a tier I'll happily play the level 1 but obviously playing up Haematite makes more sense

Bloodlust
May 30th, 2013, 11:41
My guy is now level 5 (or at least he will be by then - so will need to update this xml).

Sorry, I've not had a chance to create all his actions yet.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 04:02
Hmmm... Monk 2, Monk 4, Fighter1/Ranger3...
We were going to bring Witch 3, Fighter 2.

I could play something higher I guess.. but.. hrm.. we really could use some healing.. Zo heals a little bit. I don't have any higher level healers myself...
I have some level 1ish healer types...

Bloodlust
May 31st, 2013, 08:32
Fighter 1/Ranger 4 (not 3). Level 5 total.

lachancery
May 31st, 2013, 13:55
Alright, here's the party that you have:

Omar: Human Fighter/1, Ranger/4
Haematite: Half-orc Monk/4
Tsui Tsuno: Human Monk/2
Garbunkle: Gnome Fighter/2
Zo: Elf Witch/3
Shamir: Elf Wizard/1

You need to decide which subtier (1-2) or (4-5) you'll play, and whether you wish to change the character you're bringing to the game.

My observation: two level 2 melee characters and one level 1 wizard makes the party too weak to play subtier 4-5. Either Bloodlust brings a low level character and you play subtier 1-2, or Blackfoot brings a level 4-5 character.

I need a confirmation on this by tonight please.

Bloodlust
May 31st, 2013, 14:18
As Blackfoot is running a game for me during this Con I'm happy to give up my place for him. I'll hopefully catch it another time when it's being run at the higher tier :)

Best of luck guys :)

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 14:54
Shamir, should be level 2 by the time he reaches this game... but that doesn't really help much. Even if I switch to my level 4 Necromancer... I'm not sure that'd help much. What we really need is some sort of healy type... Zo can fudge it a bit.. but on higher tier we'd be screwed. I think I can bring a level 1 or 2 Oracle or cleric type... gotta check my files quick.

Bloodlust
May 31st, 2013, 14:57
No probs dude, play at the lower tier. I've already pulled out :)

Harbinger
May 31st, 2013, 15:03
I would like lower tier please.

Bloodlust
May 31st, 2013, 15:08
Then it's settled :) I'll catch it the next time around, hopefully at the higher tier :)

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 15:26
OK... so should I try and bring a different character to this or are we good with Garbunkle?

Trenloe
May 31st, 2013, 15:44
If anyone is backing out of any of the fg-con events, please go to the fg-con website -> "Events" -> "My Bookings", login and cancel your booking.

This will free up the slot for other people.

Thanks.

Bloodlust
May 31st, 2013, 16:08
Done :)

Enjoy guys :)

Harbinger
May 31st, 2013, 16:27
well do we have any kind of healer or do we need to rely on wands and such only? I thought someone said they were thinking about running a healer.

Bloodlust
May 31st, 2013, 16:38
Hang on, looks like I CAN play this one. I am an idiot! I thought the times were different! I can bring in my level 1 gunslinger I guess :).

avro5731
May 31st, 2013, 19:52
Hey so 2 ?s

1) do you have room
2) lvls and classes playing (if answer 1 is yes)

Harbinger
May 31st, 2013, 21:19
Hey so 2 ?s

1) do you have room
2) lvls and classes playing (if answer 1 is yes)

Not sure about room but I', a level 2 Monk

lachancery
June 1st, 2013, 00:39
@ Avro: no, sorry, Bloodlust briefly pulled out, but came back in. We're still full at 6 players.

@ All: Alright, we will be playing at subtler 1-2. Here is the party make up:

Druid 1st (Killian)
Monk 2nd (Harbinger)
Gunslinger 1st (Bloodlust)
Fighter 2nd (Blackfoot)
Witch 3rd (Blackfoot's daughter)
Wizard 1st (John)

I will be locking down the party with these characters later tonight. Speak up if there are any changes.

Killian
June 1st, 2013, 07:58
If we play down a tier I'll use the level 1 druid I posted. He doesn't have healing except for a single CLW option for daily spells but we can arrange something else I'm sure like a wand of CLW he can use

Eanelen
June 1st, 2013, 19:41
This is John - My wizard will be at level 2 when we start, I'm about to play his third game run by Blackfoot in about 40 minutes. He said he'll hurry up with the chronicle sheet so I can submit it, and I'll also submit my updated xml file at that time. He's been nice enough to help me set up my character so I can use my abilities like Acid Dart correctly lol.

lachancery
June 1st, 2013, 23:56
Sounds good John. Send me the XML before the game.

Bloodlust
June 2nd, 2013, 00:30
Samuel has just finished playing a module and so will be level 2 now :) Updating his xml now :)

Bloodlust
June 2nd, 2013, 00:52
What's the game host words?

lachancery
June 2nd, 2013, 01:31
What's the game host words?

Server alias is "firm roll xeno gate"

Eanelen
June 2nd, 2013, 01:36
This is my updated character xml, other than the purchase I would want to purchase. I'm waiting on my chronicle sheet from Blackfoot so I can update my gold and see if I can purchase the item for the game.

Bloodlust
June 2nd, 2013, 01:37
Updated character :)

Killian
June 2nd, 2013, 12:09
Great game everyone many thanks especially to lechancery for running.

Bloodlust
June 2nd, 2013, 17:44
Was a solid group effort. Well done everyone :)

Harbinger
June 3rd, 2013, 05:12
Great game Lechancery, thank you.

Bloodlust
June 3rd, 2013, 07:16
Will chronicle sheets be emailed or posted in here?

Blackfoot
June 3rd, 2013, 16:34
He usually posts a link to them in the thread I think... look for info here.

lachancery
June 4th, 2013, 03:48
We forgot to roll for day job. If you would like to do so, please go to the site https://www.dice.evildm.net/index.php to roll your day job. Put my email address "[email protected]" in the field "Email the result to".

I wasn't able to attach draft chronicle sheets, but you can download them from my dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/lI7iws6n2c/PFS4-19). I need confirmation, or missing information from each of you. Could you check your chronicle sheet and confirm/answer the questions below?

Tsui Tsuno:
• Last chronicle sheet # (blank number on your previous sheet)
• Items purchased or sold?
• Day job roll?

Tuari:
• Last chronicle sheet

Samuel Pinkerton:
• Last chronicle sheet
• Post-game items purchased or sold? (I have the list for pre-game)
• Day job roll?

Shamir

Zo
• Day job roll?

Garbunkle
• Day job roll?

Thanks.

Harbinger
June 4th, 2013, 04:36
I did not buy anything this game or the last game, and the Chronicle # on last one was "5", making this one we did #6. I also sent the day job roll as requested by the website you requested.

Thank you again for the great game.

lachancery
June 4th, 2013, 05:02
I did not buy anything this game or the last game, and the Chronicle # on last one was "5", making this one we did #6. I also sent the day job roll as requested by the website you requested.

Thank you again for the great game.
Thanks for the kind words. :) Your chronicle sheet has been signed and put on the dropbox.

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2013, 05:19
No purchases for Zo or Garbunkle.

Bloodlust
June 4th, 2013, 05:44
Hi mate, I'm at work at the moment but I'll get that all to you tonight :)

Bloodlust
June 4th, 2013, 13:05
We forgot to roll for day job.

Ready for a mighty shopping spree? :)

Samuel Pinkerton:
• Last chronicle sheet (attached - starting gold was actually 1413, not 1403 sorry)

• Post-game items purchased or sold? (I have the list for pre-game)

No MW Backpack - that wasn't on the original xml I sent. I'd put one on there while we were playing in game as a reminder to myself to buy one but I've changed my mind and gone for something different. Now Samuel walks around with this massive waterproof bag that he drops any time there is trouble. Given enough fame I'll buy a handy haversack but for now he'll just look funny :)

Starting gold: 1413

Sold pregame: 12.5
Parade Armor (25)

Buy Pregame: 925.5
Darkleaf Cloth Parade Armour (775)
Masterwork Thieves Tools (100)
Bandolier (.5)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (50)

Buy Postgame: 996
Ioun Torch (75)
Masterwork Tool: (50)
Lawman badge (+2 Diplomacy - vs- those who respect authority)
Masterwork Tool: (50)
Spectacles (+2 Perception - sight based only)
Smoked Goggles (20)
Smelling salts (25)
--Waterproof bag (.5)
-CONTAINING:
Masterwork Artisan's Tools (Alchemy) (55)
Forger's Kit (200)
Magnifying Glass (100): +2 appraise
Portrait Book (10)
Canteen (2)
Chronicler's kit (40)
Compass (10)
Fishing kit (.5)
Flint and steel (1)
Grooming kit (1)
Gunsmith's kit (15)
Manacles (15)
-Simple lock (20)
Rope (1)
Weapon blanch: Silver (5)
Weapon blanch: Cold Iron (20)
Weapon blanch: Adamantine (100)
30 paper cartridges (180)
(10 silver shots)
(10 cold iron shots)
(10 adamantine shots)

TOTAL: 996 gold exactly :)

Postgame items lost: (Blanching done post game - so items purchased and lost)
Weapon blanch: Silver
Weapon blanch: Cold Iron
Weapon blanch: Adamantine
30 paper cartridges

So:
Starting + 1413
Pregame sales + 12.5
Chronicle + 513
Day job + 20 (1958.5)
Buy Pregame - 925.5
Buy Postgame - 996

FINAL TOTAL : 37

• Day job roll?
Emailed (rolled 22 = 20 gold)

lachancery
June 4th, 2013, 13:56
Signed chronicle sheets posted on the dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/lI7iws6n2c/PFS4-19) for Samuel Pinkterton, Zo and Garbunkle.

Just missing confirmation/information to finish Tuari's and Shamir's.

Bloodlust
June 4th, 2013, 14:05
LOL, I like how you listed it as "Massive shopping spree".

It doesn't all list on the Notes section of page 2 though. It get's down to fishing kit and then cuts out. Maybe if you put multiple items on the same line they'd all fit in nicely :)

Future games:
"Damn, if only we had a...hey Samuel...you don't happen to have a (insert common item here) in that bag of yours do you?"

"Well, oddly enough, yes I do" :)

lachancery
June 4th, 2013, 14:08
It doesn't all list on the Notes section of page 2 though. It get's down to fishing kit and then cuts out. Maybe if you put multiple items on the same line they'd all fit in nicely :)

I could remove the carriage returns and make it one massive blob of text. I'll go do that. You can also click on the text box and it'll show a scrollbar, but that's not very useful for a printed copy of the chronicle sheet...

Bloodlust
June 4th, 2013, 14:12
It's signed on all the initial spots but not the main signature.

Thanks mate :)

lachancery
June 4th, 2013, 14:23
It's signed on all the initial spots but not the main signature.

I'll upload an updated copy and check it from another computer when I get to the office. Since I do not have a third-party certified signature, I think you have to download & save the chronicle sheet on your computer to see my signature - it doesn't work within the browser.

I'll look again into obtaining a certified signature; last time I did a quick check, it cost money and it didn't seem like a useful spend then. ;)

Bloodlust
June 4th, 2013, 14:39
Ah yes, so it does :) You're right though, it doesn't show up in the browser - how odd.

Thanks again :)

I look forward to your next game.

Harbinger
June 4th, 2013, 18:09
Sorry about this, but can I get my chronicle sheet to show two items I wish to purchase? I would like to buy the bracers +1, and the Cloak of Res +1 for 2000gp total. Thank you.

lachancery
June 5th, 2013, 18:08
Sorry about this, but can I get my chronicle sheet to show two items I wish to purchase? I would like to buy the bracers +1, and the Cloak of Res +1 for 2000gp total. Thank you.
Done! Your chronicle sheet is updated on the dropbox.

Killian
June 10th, 2013, 16:31
Sorry I've been absent, no purchases for Tuari (he started with 28GP). This will be Chronicle number 2 for him as only completed a single portion of First Steps beforehand. Unfortunately the online storage for his character sheet expired so don't have a hard copy.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2013, 16:33
Sorry I've been absent no purchases for Tuari. This will be Chronicle number 2 for him as only completed a single portion of First Steps beforehand. Unfortunately the online storage for his character sheet expired so don't have a hard copy.
Do you need his previous Chronicle? I should have it on file somewhere...
EDIT: I spoke too soon... seems you didn't run that game with me. I kinda thought you had.

lachancery
June 10th, 2013, 16:50
Sorry I've been absent, no purchases for Tuari (he started with 28GP). This will be Chronicle number 2 for him as only completed a single portion of First Steps beforehand. Unfortunately the online storage for his character sheet expired so don't have a hard copy.
Welcome back! Your signed chronicle sheet has been posted on the dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/lI7iws6n2c/PFS4-19).

Trenloe
June 10th, 2013, 17:01
Unfortunately the online storage for his character sheet expired so don't have a hard copy.
Just as an FYI - I'd recommend getting in touch with the GM who ran the game you have lost the chronicle sheet for and request a replacement. One of my PCs has recently been audited by a GM and he insisted I had copies of all of my chronicle sheets.

If you can't get a copy of the original, PM (private message) me on here and we will see what I can do to get you a replacement.

lachancery
June 10th, 2013, 19:09
One of my PCs has recently been audited by a GM and he insisted I had copies of all of my chronicle sheets.
I'd bet that was either a "trained the Venture Lieutenant moment" or a "Oh, so you're a Paizo official? Let me zealously put you through that audit process"... ;)

Killian
June 12th, 2013, 20:15
Just sent an email but it was while we were still on the Yahoo group. Anyone know Nestor or zizzi_ishkawiz my records have him as hosting, but unfortunately the dropbox which had the sheets has expired. Will look into how far that goes. Luckily this char had only played 1 session but my recordkeeping obviously wasn't as good back then.

Blackfoot
June 12th, 2013, 20:18
I see Nestor on Skype every now and then but he is unresponsive... I will try to notify him of your issue.

Trenloe
June 12th, 2013, 20:26
Just sent an email but it was while we were still on the Yahoo group. Anyone know Nestor or zizzi_ishkawiz my records have him as hosting, but unfortunately the dropbox which had the sheets has expired. Will look into how far that goes. Luckily this char had only played 1 session but my recordkeeping obviously wasn't as good back then.
Was this session reported on the Paizo PFS website? Contact me offline by PM and I'll work with you to get a replacement.

Killian
June 16th, 2013, 13:00
thanks everyone for your concern I now have the original chronicle sheet