PDA

View Full Version : Help request from n00b

Falconwyr
May 25th, 2013, 04:47
I just bought the FG full license, together with the RMC module and the Rolemaster Armory module. I've been going through video tutorials and I'm staring to grok the system.

I decided to start building a character to start getting familiar with the software. I went to the module portion of the software and opened up the books I saw. I accessed the library.

My problem is that in the module list I saw only Arms Law and Character Law. I did not see Spell Law or the additional Armory module. So, while I could "open" the Arms Law and Character Law books for use in the library, I didn't even have the ability to open the books. That means I can't access any spells or weapons from the Armory.

So, question is - how do I get those modules to show up when I hit the module selection button (so I can subsequently open them in the library)?

Thanks in advance.

-Ted

Dakadin
May 25th, 2013, 07:13
Hi Falconwyr and welcome!

When you click the Modules button in the upper right corner, it should open a Module Activation window. In there you should see Arms Law, Character Law, Spell Law, Creatures and Treasures, RMC Calendars, and The Armoury. They need to be open to access them within FG. The open modules will have an open book the right side of the module entry. The closed modules are a closed book. You can open or close them by dragging the book open or close or by double clicking the graphic icon for the module. Can you verify that all the modules are in the list and open?

Falconwyr
May 25th, 2013, 14:35
That's just the problem, the modules are not in the list. I have opened the books on the modules that I can see. The problem is that I cannot see spell law or the armory. I think the software doesn't even know those modules are present, and maybe they actually are not present. I'm not sure how to make them appear.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Dakadin
May 25th, 2013, 16:59
Click on your Start button. Go to Programs/Fantasy Grounds II and choose Application Data Folder. Open the modules folder in Windows Explorer that opens. You should see at least the following files in that folder:
* RMCArmsLaw.mod
* RMCCharacterLaw.mod
* RMCSpellLaw.mod
* RMCCreaturesTreasures.mod
* RMC Calendars.mod
* Rolemaster The Armoury.mod

If you don't see all of those then try running the updater. You can get to it by starting FG and clicking the Check for Updates. If that doesn't do it try downloading them again from your order history in the store.

Also I would recommend signing up for a Rolemaster game during FG Con. Playing is a great way to get familiar with how to play Rolemaster using FG. There are 2 different games to choose from. Here is a link to the FG Con website (https://fg-con.com).

Tiqon
May 25th, 2013, 19:14
I do not have anything intelligent to add to your problem (Dakadin is Da' master anyway so... :)). Just wanted to welcome you to the circle of RMC nerds! We do not have cookies, but we do have an urge to help if we can, so shot if you have any questions!

Falconwyr
May 26th, 2013, 06:21
Thanks, to both of you - real help.

That did the trick! Onto more learning!

bennis1980
May 26th, 2013, 23:07
I do not have anything intelligent to add to your problem (Dakadin is Da' master anyway so... :)). Just wanted to welcome you to the circle of RMC nerds! We do not have cookies, but we do have an urge to help if we can, so shot if you have any questions!

I want to second that welcome. Tiqon... everyone else got cookies, I can't believe you did get any. I'm sure Falconwyr has his already too...

Falconwyr
May 27th, 2013, 02:42
Thanks again for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it (really).

I'm in the process of setting up a RMC campaign in my custom campaign world. My friends and I will be using FG. We're all professionals with families, so it's a "as can" time thing. Two of my friends had never heard of Rolemaster until last month, so it's slow going setting up.

Eventually you will be seeing us around. The campaign is called Tutamen Terrarum (defense of the Earth). The premise is real Earth 300 million years from now (might as well be a different planet), but the Gates of Hell have been unleashed.

JohnD
May 27th, 2013, 03:39
Thanks again for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it (really).

The campaign is called Tutamen Terrarum (defense of the Earth). The premise is real Earth 300 million years from now (might as well be a different planet), but the Gates of Hell have been unleashed.

Sounds like my wife when I bring home the wrong thing from the store. :ninja:

Tiqon
May 27th, 2013, 06:09
I want to second that welcome. Tiqon... everyone else got cookies, I can't believe you did get any. I'm sure Falconwyr has his already too...

Typical... I'll just have to put on my viking outfit, jump in my longboat and come over and raid you Bennis!

bennis1980
May 27th, 2013, 10:27
Typical... I'll just have to put on my viking outfit, jump in my longboat and come over and raid you Bennis!

Again?!? I have to remind you that this is a family friendly site. You'll get no cookies from me, the are right at to top of my round tower.