PDA

View Full Version : Just Deleted A Story By Accident...

pjrake
May 24th, 2013, 02:12
Can I get it back? I right-click a tab (or group) but it deleted the one right next to it!!! That's not the one I wanted to delete. Is there a way to undo? I still have FG open and did not close it in the hopes I can get all that work I did. Please help!!!

PJ

Trenloe
May 24th, 2013, 02:47
You may be able to save it by going to the <FG Data App Directory>\campaign\<Your Campaign Name> directory in Windows file explorer and seeing if there is a db.backup.XXXXXX.xml file there. If there is, note the timestamp of this file - this is where you may be able to roll back to.

In Windows file explorer, make a copy of this db.backup.XXXXXX.xml file outside of this directory.
Close fantasy Grounds.
Make a copy of the FG Data App Directory>\campaign\<Your Campaign Name> directory - note the name you give the copy.
Enter this copied campaign directory and see what db.backup.XXXXXX.xml files are there. If there aren't any, paste the file you made a copy of earlier here.
Rename the latest db.backup.XXXXX.xml file to db.xml
Load the copied campaign in FG - it will be called whatever you named it in step 3. See if this backup has your data that you deleted.

pjrake
May 24th, 2013, 03:03
Thank you! I will try it :)

PJ

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2013, 18:39
Also, as long as you don't close FG, you can find a db.restore.xml in the campaign directory, which contains a version of the database prior to loading up the campaign for this session. I have used this method before to recover data from accidental deletions.

Regards,
JPG