PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Wounds

pjrake
May 23rd, 2013, 16:31
I tried to add wounds to Wild Cards (not players) on the combat tracker, but it's not adjusting automatically when I make Trait rolls. At first I lowered the wounds (example -2), then I added wounds (example 3 wounds), but it's not adjusting the numbers like how it does when the players roll their Traits with wounds.

PJ

Ikael
May 23rd, 2013, 16:37
I tried to add wounds to Wild Cards (not players) on the combat tracker, but it's not adjusting automatically when I make Trait rolls. At first I lowered the wounds (example -2), then I added wounds (example 3 wounds), but it's not adjusting the numbers like how it does when the players roll their Traits with wounds.

PJ

One thing that's not being supported yet is that wounds marked in Combat Tracker are not applied to trait rolls automatically. I am planning on doing update for this but only when SW ruleset v3.4 is out. Meanwhile you will have to apply all penalties manually to NPCs

pjrake
May 23rd, 2013, 16:39
Thanks! Really appreciate it :)

PJ

phantomwhale
May 24th, 2013, 01:25
This is a part of the Savage Worlds Features Extension - an add-on written by Ikael to add lots of extra features to Savage Worlds.

It's really great for 95% of player rolls - my players always forget to add such penalties.

But there are a few gotchas around this functionality:
* it doesn't work for hotkeys
* It only works for PCs
* it adds in the modifiers if you drag, but don't drop, a dice roll; which will then effect the next roll
* if you roll two rolls simultaneously, it will only apply to the first)

I am currently integrating this, and other features, into the next release of the ruleset. I was currently thinking of leaving this feature there "as is" (e.g. with all the gotchas listed above still in place), as fixing them all could delay the release even further.

Not sure what people's thoughts on this are ? I normally strive to have things "polished" before release, with as few rough edges as possible to avoid confusing GMs and players. But this has meant features have been released quite slowly, and I'm quite keen to get some of these great new powerful features in everybodies hands too. Has anyone else used this feature and hit problems / confusions ? Or has anyone had nothing but good experiences with it ?

Cheers,
Ben