PDA

View Full Version : Is there any point to holding a game on a week night (GMT)

Otter
May 22nd, 2013, 23:51
Hi Just wanted to find out if there would be any interest in me reffing on a week night UK time ? (note not ready to start yet)
Thanks
Otter

amanojoe
May 23rd, 2013, 17:28
Hi Otter,

I would certainly be interested in joining your game.

I used to play RM in the 1990s and would welcome the opportunity to do so again. However, I have never before used FG or any other virtual tabletop (I am hoping to try it during the FG Virtual Con 2013) and do not currently have an FG license.

What kind of license will you be using to GM?

Which version of Rolemaster will you be using?

What setting will you be using for your game/campaign?

I hope that there is sufficient interest to get this game off the ground.

It might be a good idea to advertise for interested players in the Guild House sub-forum as well as here.

Otter
May 23rd, 2013, 18:51
I have the full License. So I will only be able to host for people who have some form of license aswell as I understand it. I am completly new to fantasy grounds and have only experimented with it. So I could do with an experianced player in the party who can explian to a thick ref when the controlls go all wrong. Will practice before hand to cut down on this, but an experianced word here and there would not go amiss. Also participants will probably need a little patience. I will be using the standard RM as bought and it is planned to be standard Fantasy. Unfortunately slight delay as a module i bout for FG dosent seem to want to co operate and think it maybe because it was meant for FG I not II so will need to get some more material. It is also possible that it will only be a series of dungeons to gain experiancing reffing before possibly leading into a campain. If there is enough interest I will need to gather more material before running so the start maybe some time off.
thanks
Otter

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2013, 18:56
Unfortunately slight delay as a module i bout for FG dosent seem to want to co operate and think it maybe because it was meant for FG I not II so will need to get some more material.
What module have you bought? The Rolemaster ruleset has changed quite a lot recently, so older modules may not work fully with the new RMC ruleset. The guys who developed the new ruleset may be able to help get the module working though... :)

Otter
May 23rd, 2013, 21:19
Gamblers quest. On checking it is meant for d&d. Strangly then found it in the d&d folder but i am still hoping if there is a way to tweak and move resources over to RMC. I'll be more carefull with next purchase.
Thanks for the response
Otter

Trenloe
May 24th, 2013, 01:24
You can change it so that you can open it in any ruleset. The story and images/maps entries will work fine, but the NPC/Personalities will not.

Follow these steps:

Go to Go to <Fantasy Grounds App Data Directory>\modules
Find the "XRP6001RFG2-GamblersQuest.mod" file and rename it to .zip.
Extract the .zip file to a local directory.
Go into this directory and open definition.xml - open it in notepad so you can edit it.
Change the <ruleset>3.5e</ruleset> to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
Save definition.xml
Zip back up this directory - do it within the directory itself (select all the files and zip those within the directory) otherwise it will not work.
Rename the recently zipped file to XRP6001RFG2-GamblersQuest.mod
Move this file <Fantasy Grounds App Data Directory>\modules - you may need to overwrite the original.
Start a Rolemaster campaign and go to "Modules", activate "Gamblers Quest".
You will see an extra tab in Story, Maps & Images and NPC & Encounters. These are the module entries.

Resonance
May 30th, 2013, 14:31
Hi Otter

I'd be interested in participating.
Feel free to send me a note whenever you are ready to give it a swing.
I'm in no rush, but just feel it would be fun to try out FG for online Rolemaster (at a schedule where I'm able to participate, of course.) Presently, I've only used it for d&d, years ago, and as a software aid for hosting ftf Rolemaster games.

Regards

Res