PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Mirror 8pm bst 22 may

hawkwind
May 20th, 2013, 21:03
"Dreading the long trip from Thornkeep back to Absalom, the party instead heeded a summons along the way in Korvosa. There they met with Venture-Captain Varian Jeggare. The half-elven noble warmly greeted the party at his apartment near the Acadamae campus. His bodyguard, Radovan, stood quietly in the corner, arms crossed.

"It is fortuitous that I was able to reach you so quickly, Pathfinders. A dear friend of mine, Lady Tiboros of Nisroch, has some troubling news of her lovely daughter Anya. A sprightly girl, but I found her a competent enough horse rider on my last visit to their manor. Anyways, Anya was wed to Baron Boroi of Karpad going on a year now and she has already birthed a beautiful boy going on two months old now I believe. You see as a dutiful daughter, she maintains frequent contact with her mother, keeping her abreast of her day-to-day going-ons.

However, the tone of her letters has grown increasingly strained and her mother, Lady Tiboros, has not received any communication in going on three weeks. So as you can imagine the Lady is quite concerned about the well-being of her daughter. I do hate to impose, but it would bring relief to both myself and the Tiboros family if you would please travel to Karpad and check on dear Anya? She is the youngest of her family and her mother loves her so. I will take care of all your travel arrangements and you should arrive in a week's time."

The trip to Karpad was mercifully unremarkable, involving little more than a short ship ride through Conqueror's Bay allowing them to bypass the Mindspin Mountains. Then a short overland trek brought them directly to the village of Karpad. The nearest bit of civilization is the city of Pangolais that lies some 100 miles to the south."

Duration: 3 plus three hour sessions the first on Wednesday 22
Fantasy Grounds Licence: general- you need a licence as well to play
Chat type: Voice - Community Teamspeak3 server: fgts.servegame.com
Tier (level): 3-5

Calendar linkie https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1021

this will run other three or more three hour sessions held on consquecutive weeks

Bloodlust
May 21st, 2013, 04:10
I have a guy who is level 3 (one away from 4) but I think by the time this wraps up he'll be past 5. Besides, if you are playing this game, won't it lock that character out of all other games? I can't keep him locked out for 3+ weeks -that's a lot of missed games.

Is that how it works?

RobG
May 21st, 2013, 08:23
Hi,

I posted these to the other thread but I'll put them here too for convenience.

For anyone who wasn't in the Thornkeep games, my character is Eyrie, she's an Evangelist of Shellyn, so she's a cleric but also has some bard-like abilities. She's very good at diplomacy and generally being charming (which hasn't been put to much use yet being in a dungeon crawl), also good at channelling and cheer-leading, and can also be handy from the second rank with her Glaive.

Looking forward to the game, I'll be a little more quiet than usual since I'm in Israel, it's two hours later here. Don't want to wake my mother-in-law up in the middle of the night talking about demons and stuff ;-)

Rob

hawkwind
May 21st, 2013, 08:28
I have a guy who is level 3 (one away from 4) but I think by the time this wraps up he'll be past 5. Besides, if you are playing this game, won't it lock that character out of all other games? I can't keep him locked out for 3+ weeks -that's a lot of missed games.

Is that how it works?

It does indeed lock you out of other PFS games

RobG
May 22nd, 2013, 09:03
It looks like we're a bit short of people for tonight. If we start next week Fauk could rejoin us. She's level 3 but that fits in the range.

hawkwind
May 22nd, 2013, 11:58
we are indeed down to a possible three, I was going to suggest a pregen to make numbers up but i am happy to wait a week, I am down the pub with an old friend next Wednesday so the game would have to be on Tuesday or Thursday

RobG
May 22nd, 2013, 15:17
I'll be flying back Tuesday but Thursday would be good.

we are indeed down to a possible three, I was going to suggest a pregen to make numbers up but i am happy to wait a week, I am down the pub with an old friend next Wednesday so the game would have to be on Tuesday or Thursday

hawkwind
May 22nd, 2013, 17:03
that settles it, no one else has offered an opinion so we will have the first game a week thursday rather than tonight

Rose Claymore
May 22nd, 2013, 19:22
Well crud. My internet has been out since Saturday and I just got it back on (a few minutes ago actually). Well, next Thursday will probably work for me, at least at the moment I can't see any reason why it won't unless the net goes out again between now and then.

hawkwind
May 22nd, 2013, 21:46
sorry but it will be a better game with four or five than with three and there is a tough big bag end boss to kill :)

Rose Claymore
May 23rd, 2013, 02:51
I'd much rather have a full set of players, especially in a longer module.

We'll be playing next Thursday then?

hawkwind
May 24th, 2013, 06:32
that's the plan

RobG
May 29th, 2013, 22:26
Here is level 3 Fauk and Krook.

Fauk will buy the following before the game:

Bird feather token 300gp
2 Pearls of power, 1st level (2,000 gp)
potion of cure moderate wounds (300 gp)
unguent of timelessness (150 gp)
wand of acid arrow (12 charges; 1,080 gp, limit 1)
Scroll of Hypnotic Pattern, Scorching Ray, Web 450gp

Total: 4280gp

hawkwind
May 30th, 2013, 17:08
The server is up, see you all at eight

RobG
May 30th, 2013, 23:08
Fauk has purchased a Wand of Cure Light Wounds for 2PP
Eyrie takes the 'Beacon of Good' prestige award for the Silver Crusade faction to get a Shining Wayfinder for 2PP

Rose Claymore
May 30th, 2013, 23:13
I'm sorry for missing the game today everybody. :(

My family moved over the weekend and due to some local difficulties our internet was only just turned on. I would have sent notice earlier, but well... no internet.

RobG
May 31st, 2013, 17:16
That's no good, hope you can make the next session. We took Valeros as an NPC to make up numbers, since we needed a strong fighter. After meeting some nasty shadows he currently has a strength of 4, that's after Eyrie cast lesser restoration on him.

Rose Claymore
May 31st, 2013, 22:30
Heh, you guys seem to have the worst luck with ability damage... :)

I should be able to attend the next session (assuming next Thursday). All is well with my internet connection. Will we be playing another two for Midnight Mirror, or will there be only one?

hawkwind
June 1st, 2013, 08:13
We are not playing next week due to Killian being on holiday so we will play on Thursday or Wednesday the following week, any one have any preferences? I think there are at least another two sessions of not more left

Rose Claymore
June 1st, 2013, 08:55
Ah, okay, no next week but the week after. I have no preference and can play with Wed or Thur. I'm just happy to be able to play again.

Eanelen
June 2nd, 2013, 08:43
Are there any PFS games being planned that have an opening available?

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2013, 20:14
Are there any PFS games being planned that have an opening available?

Subscribe to this thread to get email alerts of upcoming games: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16931

Spaces are first come, first served.

There may not be too many PFS games for the next week or two as there will be withdrawal from all of the Pathfinder games ran at FG-Con this weekend.

hawkwind
June 3rd, 2013, 12:53
you can join this game if you have PFS character in the level range 3-5

Eanelen
June 3rd, 2013, 20:20
Thanks for the offer hawkwind but I'm 2 adventures short of having a lvl 3

Rose Claymore
June 3rd, 2013, 23:58
Oh, hawkwind, I ended up playing Dust Raven at Phoenix Comicon last week, so once I have my scanner plugged in I'll see you get his latest chronicle sheet and updated xml.

hawkwind
June 4th, 2013, 12:49
cool when do people want to play next week, Thursday or Wednesday? i'm can do both dates

RobG
June 4th, 2013, 12:53
I prefer Wednesday but can do either.

hawkwind
June 5th, 2013, 17:42
So is every one ok with Wednesday next week?

Rose Claymore
June 5th, 2013, 19:37
I'm good with Wed.

hawkwind
June 5th, 2013, 20:27
i will put it up on the calendar then

Killian
June 10th, 2013, 16:28
am also good for Wednesday :)

hawkwind
June 10th, 2013, 21:11
looking forward to it

hawkwind
June 12th, 2013, 18:01
the Server is open for 8pm BST start, look forward to playing with you guys and be careful... TPK's do happen.....

Rose Claymore
June 12th, 2013, 22:26
I'm afraid my schedule has made it so I'll not be able to participate, at least unless the game starts a few hours later in my time zone. Since this will mean I've missed two sessions of Midnight Mirror I'll sit out the rest. As for Thornkeep, is there any possibility of starting a few hours later? I'm so sorry about this.

RobG
June 13th, 2013, 09:43
I noticed I've been making a rather bad error. Eyrie's channel energy is 1d6 not 2d6 since she has all those bardy abilities instead. In fact she shouldn't have been able to channel till 3rd level :-( Not sure why I got Selective Channelling, but not to worry.

Anyway sorry about that, though my rolls have been so bad it's been pretty much like rolling 1d6 anyway ;-)

With regards to playing time, I can't really play any later on a weeknight, I have to get up early to go to work.

hawkwind
June 14th, 2013, 11:02
yep me too due to the demands of family and work these are the only hours I can maker make

hawkwind
June 14th, 2013, 13:34
Killian here is your missing sheet

hawkwind
June 17th, 2013, 13:54
every one ok for wednesday?

RobG
June 17th, 2013, 14:09
Fau and I are.

hawkwind
June 19th, 2013, 18:37
the server is up and ready for the usual start time

RobG
June 23rd, 2013, 00:49
Hi just letting you know we can make Wednesday but I need to finish off my Tide of Twilight game on Saturday night (29th).

hawkwind
June 24th, 2013, 10:38
could you make Friday instead? or are you still doing your traveller game?

RobG
June 24th, 2013, 11:03
Yeah I could do Friday I think, the Traveler game is on hold, couldn't seem to get everyone together.

hawkwind
June 24th, 2013, 13:21
i'll just PM Killian incase he is not reading this

hawkwind
June 26th, 2013, 18:01
looks like Killian can't do Friday so only one session this week

good fang soft cave

server up

RobG
June 26th, 2013, 19:52
hmmm can't connect.

RobG
June 26th, 2013, 19:56
alright now :-D

hawkwind
June 27th, 2013, 06:16
looks like we may actually finish this one next week!

hawkwind
July 3rd, 2013, 18:10
I'm just putting the sever up on the same address as last week, it seem to run a bit smoother on my Vista install compared to my windows 7 last session. I must buy a new hard drive!

hawkwind
July 4th, 2013, 14:22
https://www.box.com/s/q0phz8irrq2hqyujwr49

here is the partially filled chronicle sheet , just add your id details,starting exp and prestige, gold and any expenditure you may have. email your completed forms to hawkwind at(@) rock dot com

attachments have been turned off on this forum for security reasons

Fau
July 6th, 2013, 15:19
Here's my sheet

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19988974/PFS/Fauk/MasterChronicle_midnight%20mirror_fauk.pdf

As well as the stuff Fauk bought before the game Fauk will get

hand of the mage (900 gp)
ring of protection +1 (2,000 gp)
wand of magic missle (CL 5th, 12 charges; 900 gp; limit 1)
cloak of resistance +1 (1,000 gp)

RobG
July 6th, 2013, 16:26
This is Eyrie's sheet:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19988974/PFS/Eyrie/MasterChronicle_midnight%20mirror_eyrie.pdf

She is buying:

cloak of resistance +1 (1,000 gp)
potion of cure serious wounds (750 gp)
potion of invisibility (300 gp)
ring of protection +1 (2,000 gp)
wand of lesser restoration (CL 3rd, 14 charges; 1,260 gp; limit 1)
Masterwork cold iron spiked gauntlet 310gp

And she got the Beacon of Good Prestigue award (2pp) for a Shining Wayfinder

hawkwind
July 9th, 2013, 22:01
sorry only just noticed the new sheets, I'll sign them tom morrow prior to the game as I'm having major PC problems