PDA

View Full Version : Monk AC Bonus

antoneagle
May 19th, 2013, 01:45
Hi all,

I'm using the 3.5 rules.

It looks like using the effect GRANTCA, removes both the Monk's DEX bonus and WIS bonus for AC.

According to the rules, the WIS bonus should still be in effect when flat footed. Is anyone else seeing this effect this way?

Trenloe
May 19th, 2013, 16:06
How are you applying the DEX and WIS bonus to AC within Fantasy Grounds?

When GRANTCA is applied as an effect, Fantasy Grounds will use the "Flat Footed AC" entry from the combat tab on the PC, so make sure this entry is showing the correct flat-footed AC. Apply the WIS modifier to the MISC entry if needed.

antoneagle
May 19th, 2013, 23:15
That's exactly what I did. But that means FG2 is doing it wrong. It shouldn't strip a WIS bonus from AC when Flat Footed... it should only strip a DEX bonus.

Trenloe
May 19th, 2013, 23:29
That's exactly what I did. But that means FG2 is doing it wrong. It shouldn't strip a WIS bonus from AC when Flat Footed... it should only strip a DEX bonus.
Hhhmmm, sorry to question you - but are you sure that you have the correct entries in the "Flat Footed AC" section? I tested this just now and it worked fine for me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/FlatFootedAC.JPG

You can see that when the GRANTCA effect is on "Tester" that it applies a -2 Defense effect, which is the difference between the full AC and the Flat Footed AC shown on the combat tab of the PC. I have put the +3 AC bonus for Wisdom in the "MISC" column for all 3 AC types.

Fantasy Ground does not strip anything specific for flat footed AC - it relies on the player to have populated the "Flat Footed AC" entry correctly and it uses this as the Flat Footed AC. Just like it uses the "Touch AC" entry for touch attacks. It doesn't do anything clever, just uses what the player has entered.

lachancery
May 20th, 2013, 04:08
Trenloe: it's a UI induced mistake. The second stat box (under "Base" in your screenshot) can be toggled to apply another stat bonus to AC. Intuitively, it would be used for the Monk's Wisdom bonus and the Duelist's Intelligence bonus. As you have pointed out though, this stat bonus isn't used in Flat-footed AC. Misc is a nice fallback, but better yet would be to have a stat box for Flat-footed AC, which would default to no stat.

antoneagle
May 23rd, 2013, 00:54
Thanks for doing a better job at clarifying Lachancery. You stated it exactly. Currently, you can have both stat boxes applied for the normal AC. But then the Flat-footed AC is incorrectly missing BOTH attribute mods... instead of just missing the DEX mod.

In future versions, it would be better to have 2 or 3 attribute boxes for normal AC, and at least 1 for touch and flat-footed AC.