PDA

View Full Version : D&D Becmi game

Layander
May 18th, 2013, 05:15
I wanted to run something from D&D basic, I have a lot of experience playing AD&D but I have never played basic, I want to see if its fun, I have a DM license in fantasy grounds, if your interested please let me know. Times of play are currently open and negotiable. Let me know when you prefer.

Gold
July 23rd, 2013, 23:34
Hello, I am expressing interest. I would like to join your D&D Basic game on FG. Contact me to set up a time? I could play this Saturday if you want to get something set up or at least meet on there and test it.

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2013, 23:37
I have the OD&D rules and would be interested in a game. Must know the time and date before I commit to anything though.

Layander
July 24th, 2013, 00:28
Wow, almost 3 months later I get an answer, I am still interested in running some time. I am surprised I forgot I made this post it's been so long.

Layander
July 24th, 2013, 00:30
I was actually writing a campaign in 1e dnd that I was planning on inviting players to in the very near future.

As for times, I am in the Easter time so change the numbers I am saying for your time zone.

I was either going to run at midnight on any day of the week or in the morning until 3pm any day of the week.

Gold
July 24th, 2013, 01:02
I would play AD&D 1st edition. I can play at Midnight if it is on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday at midnight your-time (11 PM Central Time for me).

The morning slot is harder for me. Maybe on Monday morning to afternoon.

Nickademus
July 24th, 2013, 02:00
Wait, 1st Ed. AD&D or OD&D? Not sure which 'D&D basic' refers to.

Gold
July 24th, 2013, 03:33
The thread started as D&D BECMI (What I call D&D Basic... and is equivalent to OD&D unless you are hardcore "O" before BECMI).

But the DM has said he wants to run AD&D 1st Edition now. So it changed. I guess we should do a different thread now, because of the thread title of this.

For the record I like either one, early D&D types or AD&D.

Layander
July 24th, 2013, 20:46
Basic (becmi) is what this post was about. It was just so long ago that I made this post that I forgot about it and started something else assuming no one cared about it. So I wrote 1e. Basic and 0e are actually very different. The rules in the lbb remind me of both advanced and basic dnd, but the rules that came out in the moldvey blue cover remind me more of ad&d than basic.

Layander
July 24th, 2013, 21:12
But I am ready to run either game.