PDA

View Full Version : First Steps-Part 1: In Service of Lore

Blackfoot
May 13th, 2013, 04:04
Reserve Your Spot Here (https://www.fg-con.com/events/pfs-fs-p1/)

Please post your character's .xml file and last Chronicle to this thread.

If you are starting a new character please post the character and the following info:

Player Name:
Character Name:
Class:
Race:
PFS#
Starting Gold:
Faction:

Malkavian_Andi
May 13th, 2013, 12:16
Here's my character. His infos are:

Player Name: Andreas Forster
Character Name: Abayomi
PFS#: 42939-14
Starting Gold: 122
Faction: Andoran

Rakanja is his animal companion.

Mark of Stark
May 13th, 2013, 14:19
Hey, I'd be down to play. I signed up on the Con site and once I get home I will edit this post and upload my XML and Chron sheet.

Mark of Stark
May 13th, 2013, 21:28
Here they are

Rose Claymore
May 14th, 2013, 23:15
I would love to sign up for this, but I won't be able to attend parts 2 or 3. Any chance of a run of 2 & 3 on Sunday or another day in the future (unfortunately after FG con)?

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2013, 00:08
You can sign up for any of the parts .. they only interrelate in a superficial sort of way.

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2013, 00:09
BTW.. be sure and sign up on the FGCon site as well as posting characters here.

Rose Claymore
May 15th, 2013, 00:23
You can sign up for any of the parts .. they only interrelate in a superficial sort of way.
I know, but I've never actually played parts 2 or 3.

I might have an option to reschedule what I'm doing on the 1st though, but I won't know until after this upcoming weekend.

Blackfoot
May 15th, 2013, 00:32
Well.. if you can work out the schedule then great... otherwise.. I'm probably willing to run one or both of them again before August... at least Part 2.. which is the most fun one.

GatewayTraveller
May 17th, 2013, 04:30
Interested, I've yet to play in any Pathfinder games, so this will be a first for me.

Player Name: Richard Webb
Character Name: Asok Redmane
PFS# : 2459-1
Starting Gold:24gp
Faction:Andoran

Blackfoot
May 17th, 2013, 04:36
Interested, I've yet to play in any Pathfinder games, so this will be a first for me.Welcome aboard! How did you manage to get suck an old PFS number? :)
Did you sign up on the www.fg-con.com website?

GatewayTraveller
May 17th, 2013, 04:39
I have been around pathfinder since launch (Mostly played 3.5 Edition), just never have had time to play (I'm a slacker!) Family, School, etc. etc.

FinrodSilver is the name, I signed up for all three.

Blackfoot
May 17th, 2013, 04:43
Ahh.. cool. Well this is a great way to start off. Look forward to having you aboard.

GatewayTraveller
May 17th, 2013, 04:44
Thanks Blackfoot! :D

Blackfoot
May 26th, 2013, 21:52
Here they are

Mark, you realize you won't be able to play all 3 of these games with the same character if you already have XP right?
These are Level 1 only games.

Blackfoot
May 26th, 2013, 22:00
Here they are

4208One other thing.. this is an incomplete Chronicle Sheet and is therefore invalid... Can you get a proper one from the GM?

Trenloe
May 26th, 2013, 22:08
One other thing.. this is an incomplete Chronicle Sheet and is therefore invalid... Can you get a proper one from the GM?
Don't open it in an in-browser PDF viewer, you won't see the signature & initials. Save it and then open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader separately from the web browser.

Mark of Stark
May 26th, 2013, 22:20
Ah ok, I didnt realize that was the case when I booked it, but that works out for me, I was going to have the cancel the part 3 anyway. I found out last night I am going to have to leave town saturday evening for family stuff that just came up.

Let me know if what Trenloe said works for you. If it is invalid I will contact the gm and see if he can correct it.

Blackfoot
May 26th, 2013, 22:21
Ah.. ok.. fair enough.
The chronicle is fine... although the gold is a little weird.

Blackfoot
May 26th, 2013, 23:10
Those of you who have not yet posted your characters please do so ASAP.

Blackfoot
May 26th, 2013, 23:32
Interested, I've yet to play in any Pathfinder games, so this will be a first for me.

Player Name: Richard Webb
Character Name: Asok Redmane
PFS# : 2459-1
Starting Gold:24gp
Faction:Andoran
Looks to me like Asok has a couple of points left to spend in his Ability Scores.
I come up with 18 and you get 20.

Blackfoot
May 27th, 2013, 01:07
Here they are

Also.. unfortunately, you might want to revisit your Faction, Shadow Lodge and Lantern Lodge are going to be removed from play this summer.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2013, 01:18
Also.. unfortunately, you might want to revisit your Faction, Shadow Lodge and Lantern Lodge are going to be removed from play this summer.
Yes, those factions are going to be retired soon, but a retirement scenario will be made for each faction being retired. If you play the relevant scenario with a PC in the "being retired" faction you will get a special boon. So, no point in scrambling to leave Lantern Lodge or Shadow Lodge just yet! :)

Malkavian_Andi
May 27th, 2013, 09:54
Yes, those factions are going to be retired soon, but a retirement scenario will be made for each faction being retired. If you play the relevant scenario with a PC in the "being retired" faction you will get a special boon. So, no point in scrambling to leave Lantern Lodge or Shadow Lodge just yet! :)Last time I checked, it said those will be tier 3-7 scenarios, so any player starting a Lantern or Shadow Lodge character now should level up quick to play those (especially Lantern Lodge. "Way of the Kirin" will be released in wednesday). But of course, it's possible to play those sceanrios shortly before august, so there's a little bit of time to gain som XP.
Oh, and another reason to start a Lantern or Shadow Lodge character now could be to use the last opportunity to build a character with one of their faction traits, because the characters can keep those when they change their faction.
Plus, changing a faction when your faction is being retired is free, so choosing Lantern or Shadow Lodge is also an easy way to get some more time to think about which faction to choose :D

Blackfoot
May 27th, 2013, 15:52
Seems like starting a brand new character into a faction that is about to be retired doesn't make much sense.

Malkavian_Andi
May 27th, 2013, 16:09
Seems like starting a brand new character into a faction that is about to be retired doesn't make much sense.
On a story point of view, it doesn't. You're absolutely right about that. Although a character just having finished his basic training at the Grand Lodge in Absalom probably doesn't know about the plans of Amara Li and Grandmaster Torch. Still, it would be very disappointing for a character to hear the faction he just decided to be a part of doesn't want to be an active member of the Pathfinder Society anymore ^^

But on a power-gaming point of view, there can be some reasons like "take a Lantern Lodge trait now and buy Cheliax vanities later (after having earned the Lantern Lodge special boon)".

I myself don't really encourage players to choose Lantern Lodge or Shadow Lodge for a new character, because there aren't many advantages to it and it's just nicer to play without too many tricky loopholes. (however, there are some character concepts that just work perfectly with a trait from one of those two factions)

Blackfoot
May 27th, 2013, 16:19
Do you get to keep playing with your Shadow Lodge trait?

Trenloe
May 27th, 2013, 17:01
Do you get to keep playing with your Shadow Lodge trait?
Officially traits can't be changed once selected - with the PFS retrain rules before hitting 2nd level. But, I would guess this would be just like changing factions:

"You retain your faction traits, if any, but lose any faction-specific Prestige Awards you have accumulated during your time with your old faction;
I still haven't seen any official faction retirement rules yet (unless they are deep inside a Paizo forum thread) so don't know the finer details of how this enforced change will be taken care of. It seems unfair if you have spent a lot of prestige on faction prestige awards to have to lose these because of an enforced change. We'll have to wait and see...

Blackfoot
May 27th, 2013, 17:57
I know I have at least 1 character with a significant amount of Shadow Lodge Prestige... I'm wondering if it'll be a 'free transfer' or if I'll have to do the 'retirement scenario' in order to accomplish the changeover.. and if they will let me keep my original SL trait or not. (I'm sure the rest of us who have the same issues will be wondering these things too)
That being said.. diving into that pool of confusion.. it's best to be aware of what's in the water ahead of time.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2013, 18:14
I know I have at least 1 character with a significant amount of Shadow Lodge Prestige... I'm wondering if it'll be a 'free transfer' or if I'll have to do the 'retirement scenario' in order to accomplish the changeover.. and if they will let me keep my original SL trait or not. (I'm sure the rest of us who have the same issues will be wondering these things too)
That being said.. diving into that pool of confusion.. it's best to be aware of what's in the water ahead of time.
I'd very much doubt if an enforced change would cost the PC anything - this has not been the case in the past. Usually, if things are removed you get to swap them or get the cost you paid back.

Actually, this was posted when I was away on holiday:

Members of eliminated factions will be able to join one of the eight remaining factions at no cost of Prestige Points, and must do so by August 14, 2013. Characters will be able to keep faction-specific traits, boons, vanities, and prestige awards received while members of the Lantern Lodge and Shadow Lodge, with one exception. The "no one left behind" prestige award found in the Pathfinder Society Field Guide will no longer be available for play.

From this blog poast: https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5leod?Changes-Are-AComing-and-Gen-Con-Volunteers

As an addition - if you GM one of the retirement scenarios you can apply the chronicle to a PC of the retired faction "out of tier" and be able to get the boon, as per Mike Brock in this thread (read the other Mike Brock comments in the rest of this thread also): https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pofp&page=2?The-loss-of-two-beloved-factions-mild-spoilers#57

All of this must be done by August 14th.

Raised
May 27th, 2013, 20:11
Is there still room in this adventure? Will be my first PFS ever.

EDIT: And if not, is there a waiting list? ;)

Blackfoot
May 28th, 2013, 14:12
No and yes... you are first on the list... assuming you post your character info. (See my first post in this thread for what I'm looking for)

Blackfoot
May 28th, 2013, 14:16
Asok - Half-Orc Fighter
Abayomi - Human Sorcerer
Dravex - Aasimar Cleric

Raised
May 29th, 2013, 05:29
Character Sheet Attached.
Player Name: Outsider Razed
Character Name: Flitterwick Danadyrian Terrislyvan
Class: Bard
Race: Gnome
PFS# 89026
Starting Gold: 27gp
Faction: The Grand Lodge

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 06:45
Malkavian_Andi - Abayomi - OK
Mark of Stark - Dravex - OK
FinrodSilver - Asok - OK
Scott - Rand - OK
John Bratton - ??
Brad - ??

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 06:51
Is there still room in this adventure? Will be my first PFS ever.

EDIT: And if not, is there a waiting list? ;)
It is beginning to look like there might be some room after all... I will keep you posted.

Mark of Stark
May 31st, 2013, 14:18
Just so I am 100% sure, the start time for this tonight is 6pm est right? I checked two converters and got two answers

Trenloe
May 31st, 2013, 14:21
Just so I am 100% sure, the start time for this tonight is 6pm est right? I checked two converters and got two answers
The "confirm time at your location" link in the event on the fg-con website will give you the correct time.

Mark of Stark
May 31st, 2013, 14:27
yeah, that is the one that said 6pm est

Trenloe
May 31st, 2013, 14:47
yeah, that is the one that said 6pm est
Yeah, you're right. The UTC entry for the event does not match the timeanddate.com entry - I'll check with the GM.

Mark of Stark
May 31st, 2013, 14:54
Yeah, that was a reason I posted this up, that link gave me 6pm and when I looked it up on my own it was 7pm est. I figured if its a site thing then it might cause problems for others

Trenloe
May 31st, 2013, 14:59
Yeah, that was a reason I posted this up, that link gave me 6pm and when I looked it up on my own it was 7pm est. I figured if its a site thing then it might cause problems for others
Thanks for the heads-up - it just seems to be related to Blackfoot's 3 first steps games. I've emailed him so we can confirm the actual time.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 15:05
Umm.. BST and GMT aren't the same.. EDT is GMT-4 ... EST is GMT-5..
I 'think' it autosetup that timedate thing... so I'm not sure where that link comes from.
The game is at 7pm EDT... 11pm GMT/UTC... is that clear?
I'll check the timedate links for my other games.

This was one of the first events on the schedule.. so the timedate thing might be a little tweaky.

Mark of Stark
May 31st, 2013, 15:19
Yeah I think I got it, so like I thought it will be at 7pm.

Sorry about the 'est' and 'edt' thing, I understand the difference, I just never reference daylight time. I am in the atlantic time zone, which is an hour ahead of the eastern time zone. So when I say est I am just thinking New York time.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 15:21
You are in 'my' timezone Mark.. I'll be starting at 7... try and be on Teamspeak a half hour before gametime to kick the doors and make sure everything is in order.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2013, 15:36
The timeanddate.com links in the events have been updated.

The times in the Google doc calendar view and the UTC time in the event are correct and haven't been modified.

Mark of Stark
May 31st, 2013, 15:39
Yeah, I will pop into ts early to be sure.

Raised
May 31st, 2013, 20:22
I'm going to try to duck out of work a bit early to get on TS (plus then if the game is full I can make other plans tonight :))

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 20:28
At this point... you have the slot Raised. I never got a character from the last man... please go to the signup on the Con site and register... same is true for part 2.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 20:29
I will be on Teamspeak from now until the game so if anyone needs to contact me pregame.. you can find me there.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2013, 20:36
At this point... you have the slot Raised. I never got a character from the last man... please go to the signup on the Con site and register... same is true for part 2.
You'll need to reject the "last man" that you haven't approved yet, otherwise there are no slots left.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 20:38
Hrm.. it'd be nice if there was some option for waitlisting. We need to work on that one.

Blackfoot
May 31st, 2013, 20:57
Malkavian_Andi - Abayomi - Sorcerer - OK
Mark of Stark - Dravex - Cleric - OK
FinrodSilver - Asok - Fighter - OK
Scott - Rand - Gunslinger - OK
John Bratton - Shamir - Wizard - OK
Raised - Flitterwick - Bard - OK

Looks like a good group. I look forward to seeing you all soon. Try and get on Teamspeak by 6:30pm EDT (10:30pm GMT) so we can make sure everything is working and everyone is connected.