PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds at FGII Con

phantomwhale
May 13th, 2013, 01:08
In case you haven't seen in the other forums, FG-Con is taking place at the end of this month / first weekend in June. This is a "virtual" gaming convention, aiming to get many people playing / running Fantasy Grounds games and trying out some new things.

All the information is here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18749

I'll be hoping to demonstrate the upcoming Deadlands: Noir extension, running on version 3.4 of the ruleset. Contact me if you'd be interested in playtesting the new ruleset (esp. if you are playing with the Deadlands: Reloaded extension).

But overall, get involved, log in, register or participate in a game or two, and lets make this FG-Con a reasonably Savage one !

Cheers,
Ben (-PW-)

phantomwhale
May 13th, 2013, 03:06
Have added a post onto the Pinnacle website to let other SW players know.

https://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40503

Good chance for Savage GMs with Ultimate licenses to show off FGII (and SW !) to new players :)

Doswelk
May 13th, 2013, 08:19
:( I SO want to play that game!

But this is my wife's birthday weekend, so have fun guys...

phantomwhale
May 21st, 2013, 02:50
Hey Savage FG fans !

With Doug's handy newsletter announcement, we are filling up games fast for next weekend's FG Con. I notice we only have 3 Savage Worlds sessions down, and two of them are mine :)

Any other Savage GMs want to step up to the plate ? Excellent chance to try your hand, run a one shot or two, and show people the awesomeness of Savage Worlds on FGII !

Cheers,
Ben

Mask_of_winter
May 21st, 2013, 13:19
The other one is mine and got only one spot left thanks to Doug's newsletter.

sakmerlin37
May 21st, 2013, 19:05
Signed up for the Friday, May 31 Deadlands: Noir at 9:00pm UTC. Looking forward to playing & thank you :)

pjrake
May 23rd, 2013, 16:42
Hey Savage FG fans !

With Doug's handy newsletter announcement, we are filling up games fast for next weekend's FG Con. I notice we only have 3 Savage Worlds sessions down, and two of them are mine :)

Any other Savage GMs want to step up to the plate ? Excellent chance to try your hand, run a one shot or two, and show people the awesomeness of Savage Worlds on FGII !

Cheers,
Ben

I just purchased an Ultimate licence, but still learning how to use FG. I'm willing to give it a go as long as players understand I'm still learning how to use FG.

PJ

PS: I would also love to play in a game to learn more on how the mechanics of the game is applied in FG.

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2013, 16:48
I just purchased an Ultimate licence, but still learning how to use FG. I'm willing to give it a go as long as players understand I'm still learning how to use FG.
I'd not recommend doing a session in a public convention until you're a bit more familiar with running games in Fantasy Grounds.

PS: I would also love to play in a game to learn more on how the mechanics of the game is applied in FG.
Have a look at the convention website and see if there are any games that have spaces. Don't just look for Savage Worlds games, playing any game on Fantasy Grounds will help a lot in getting to know the application. The "Pathfinder - Short introduction adventure #x" events are particularly aimed at people new to Fantasy Grounds and Pathfinder.

pjrake
May 23rd, 2013, 17:35
No prob. I'll see if I can join a group first. Thanks!

PJ

sakmerlin37
May 26th, 2013, 06:33
Do I need to install anything special before hand, phantomwhale? I bought the Deadlands: Reloaded settings, etc. but am not sure if I need anything else...

phantomwhale
May 26th, 2013, 06:43
You'll need nothing in advance for my game (other than FGII, of course) - we are playing Deadlands: NOIR, which is the new Savage Worlds setting I have developed, and as with all Savage Worlds stuff for FGII, only the GM needs a copy (although some players like to have the Savage Worlds ruleset and/or Deadlands: Reloaded players guide so they can make characters in advance for games).

There are instructions on the FG Con thread / website about having Teamspeak set up too, so make sure to do that in advance. I also left a long comment on my games on the FG Con website with other tips; the main one being to log in at least 30 minutes early (I'll have the server up) as it can take a long time for a new extension and library modules to download from a home ADSL connection, esp. when six people are trying to do it simultaneously !

phantomwhale
May 28th, 2013, 06:49
For those that asked, there is one slot free available in my first game (Fri / Sat) now for FG Con this weekend:

https://www.fg-con.com/events/deadlands-noir-red-harvest/

Slot kindly freed up by a player who had booked into both games, and after the extra demand was gratuitous enough to offer back his place in one of them.

Hammering out SW 3.4 bugs and crafting DL:Noir graphics for the weekend - hopefully it will be a good playtest of both products, without any MAJOR problems *cross-fingers*

bennis1980
May 29th, 2013, 11:41
I am very much looking forward to this! I too would run a Savage worlds game with more familiarity (with the system) but maybe next year's con. I said that last year about RMC and here we are!