PDA

View Full Version : Empty Network Buffer

Lander
May 12th, 2013, 04:18
I recently moved and I'm having issues with the internet.

"ProcessProduct XML: Product listing: Empty network buffer"

Anyone had this issue before?

Trenloe
May 12th, 2013, 04:57
When do you get this error message - when you try to do an update?

If so, make sure that you have updated your FG username (and password) in the settings screen which is accessed by pressing the "Settings" button on the main (first) Fantasy Grounds screen. You should see some product entries in the "Products" list in the settings screen.

Frz
October 16th, 2014, 10:17
Hello,
I also have the same error. I just purchased the SW Science fiction companion, installed it, went to the updater and refreshed the list of products (the sf comp was correctly added to the list), click update and get the error.

Also it appears that on the product list in the updater the SW horror companion is not showing up, even though I purchased it. Could you guys please check.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

damned
October 16th, 2014, 13:26
can you try disabling your AV whole you run the updater?
do you have any nanny software to keep your kids safe? i saw somewhere where one of these blocked the updater from accessing the store.
can you try running as Admin?

Frz
October 16th, 2014, 16:24
can you try disabling your AV whole you run the updater?
do you have any nanny software to keep your kids safe? i saw somewhere where one of these blocked the updater from accessing the store.
can you try running as Admin?

No nanny software (and no kids) but disabling the antivirus did the trick. Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Gamegasm
October 18th, 2014, 00:10
I had the same issue today, I have no A/V or nannny crap. Mine was getting stuck on loading the numerea.pak so I deleted it under /data/ruleset and it updated and finished update.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2014, 00:14
I had the same issue today, I have no A/V or nannny crap. Mine was getting stuck on loading the numerea.pak so I deleted it under /data/ruleset and it updated and finished update.
There were issues with the update system earlier today. Glad you got it working.

Gamegasm
October 18th, 2014, 00:18
That was 15 minutes ago, just in case it needs to be checked out again.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2014, 00:20
It's still ongoing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22348-Network-Issues-Ongoing

Trenloe
October 18th, 2014, 00:21
It's still ongoing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22348-Network-Issues-Ongoing

damned
October 18th, 2014, 01:47

You did the right thing - if the updater gets stuck on a particular file - delete it and retry...

ddavison
October 18th, 2014, 02:18
We are still working on our server issues. It seems to be much better than it was earlier today but is not fully resolved yet. I would encourage you to re-try several times if it throws that error message. Please feel free to post back to this thread to let us know if it is still ongoing.