PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Skills

phild
May 11th, 2013, 21:10
Creating characters in the CoC ruleset, I can drag firearms into the character window fine, but it doesn't pull across the appropriate weapon skill from the Skills tab.

Bug or just not coded to do this?

peterb
May 12th, 2013, 07:58
Creating characters in the CoC ruleset, I can drag firearms into the character window fine, but it doesn't pull across the appropriate weapon skill from the Skills tab.

Bug or just not coded to do this?

It seems that there was an intention to pull weapon skills from the skill sheet but that function was ditched. I don't know why.

Insanity
May 14th, 2013, 02:18
I think for that to work, there would need to be code to associate say a .45 revolver with the Handgun skill.

The ruleset is lacking some features common with other rulesets, and hopefully these will be added in the future with a new release.

phild
May 14th, 2013, 08:53
I wouldn't think that it should be a huge issue. Every weapon has a weapon type and base skill associated with it, I would think it's just a matter of pulling across the Current Skill rather than the Base Skill. I could probably figure out how to do it, given a good 10 hours or so :-)

S Ferguson
May 19th, 2013, 23:48
And CoC will be getting some love as a guinea pig for FG 3.0. Chalk full of brand new features. And apparently high in vitamins and fiber. :D

In the meantime, just manually place the appropriate skills in the "era" extension file. If you know any XML this should be a cakewalk (heck I even did it for Cthulhu Invictus). adding the base skill is a little trickier, mind you, and faster to calculate "real-time."