PDA

View Full Version : AC To Hit Error

Iceman
May 8th, 2013, 13:46
Using the 3.5E system I experienced multiple 'to hit' errors which I believe can be duplicated.

I took a baddy from the monster manual and dragged him into the NPC slot. I then modified the baddy by giving him a higher AC. I then dragged him from the NPC tab onto the combat tracker. Repeatedly throughout the evening FG reported a HIT even though the displayed number was less than the displayed AC on the Combat Tracker.

There were no known modifiers or effects that could reasonably explain the issue. Other non-altered NPCs...that is ones dragged straight from the monster manual onto the combat tracker, performed properly.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2013, 14:02
When the modified NPC is on the combat tracker, press the shield icon next to the entry to display the AC information, have a look to see if your modification to the AC has carried through into the combat tracker.

I've just done a quick test (increased an AC from 14 to 18) and it appeared to work OK for me - the test PC's attacks only hit on an 18 or above.

If you still have the issue please provide a screenshot of it occurring (with the NPC and it's AC detail visible in the CT) so that we can try to work out what is happening.

Iceman
May 24th, 2013, 17:21
We did not have any AC issues in our last game. I will continue to keep an eye on it and if it happens again I will take a screenshot as you suggest.

When the modified NPC is on the combat tracker, press the shield icon next to the entry to display the AC information, have a look to see if your modification to the AC has carried through into the combat tracker.

I've just done a quick test (increased an AC from 14 to 18) and it appeared to work OK for me - the test PC's attacks only hit on an 18 or above.

If you still have the issue please provide a screenshot of it occurring (with the NPC and it's AC detail visible in the CT) so that we can try to work out what is happening.