PDA

View Full Version : AD&D (1e) Against the Giants, Wednesdays 830 pm EDT (GMT -4)

leozelig
May 5th, 2013, 12:36
Gamers,

I am running Against the Giants (G1-3) with a group of 5 players (6 PCs). There is room for another player if anyone is interested. I have an ultimate license and use the OSRIC ruleset. AD&D 1st edition players handbook or OSRIC (free download) needed to play.

We use Ventrilo for voice chat and play Wednesday evenings for about 3-1/2 hrs starting at 830 pm EDT (GMT -4). Each chapter will run for a couple months, but you do not need to commit to the entire series.

New PCs will start at level 7-9 depending on class. This may present somewhat of a challenge based on the modules' suggested levels. PC survival is NOT guaranteed! :)

Post here if interested...

Leo

Rook
May 6th, 2013, 01:50
Looks real tempting leozelig, but I'll keep my eye out for any future games that start at 1st level. I've always had this thing that weirds me out about beginning a new character at mid-level... it's like starting to watch Babylon 5 in the 4th season without watching the 1st three.

leozelig
May 7th, 2013, 18:56
The seat has been claimed.

Cheers!

Leo

leozelig
May 10th, 2013, 12:03
The start date has been postponed until May 22nd. If anyone else wants to join the party before then, let me know!

__doug__
May 10th, 2013, 20:02
The start date has been postponed until May 22nd. If anyone else wants to join the party before then, let me know!

Sounds like a lot of fun to me. I played in a campaign based on the Giants Modules a while ago but never played the originals. You might be playing a bit late for me though. I am available 9PM-12 EST but it sounds like you are running a bit later than that. If I stay up past 12 it is a bit rough for me the next day at work.:( How late do you usually end up playing?

Doug

leozelig
May 10th, 2013, 23:30
The server is up around 8:30 pm ET, and the game usually starts about 20 minutes later. We wrap it up by 12 am ET... I am in the same boat with work - any later, and I am dragging the next day. So, really about 3 hours of actual game time.

I ran Revenge of the Giants a few years ago... it was fun. I think the original series will be better! :D

__doug__
May 11th, 2013, 01:32
Sounds like this might work! If you don't mind be being a little late (about 9PM) then I'll join you guys. Please send me the character creation info and such. I think I'll play a human magic user if that would go with the rest of the party.

Doug

dragon1976
May 20th, 2013, 10:44
ill play usally play drow like chacters but up for anything let ,e know if space is free and what needed brfoe game play veteran d&d player

leozelig
May 23rd, 2013, 17:52
We have enough players for now. A drow PC would not have mixed well with the current party, anyway. They have had a couple bad experiences with drow in the past...

:)