PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a module

earthworm3
May 5th, 2013, 06:00
Hello, i have a problem with a module, when i open it, it's ok, i have a "clans" link but when i click on it, it's happen nothing ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.0">
<library static="true">
<vtmbasicrules>
<name type="string">VtM Basic Rules</name>
<categoryname type="string">VtM Books</categoryname>
<entries>
<AAclans>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>referenceindex</class>
<recordname>lists.AAclans@VtM Basic Rules</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Clans</name>
</AAclans>
</entries>
</vtmbasicrules>
</library>
<reference static="true">
<Clans>
<Assamite>
<name type="string">Assamite</name>
<text type="formattedtext">
<list>
<p><li><b>Sect : </b>Independant</li></p>
<p><li><b>Clan Disciplines :</b>Celerity, Obfuscate, Quietus.</li></p>
</list>
</text>
</Assamite>
</Clans>
</reference>
<lists static="true">
<AAclans>
<name type="string">Clans</name>
<index>
<Assamite>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>referencetextwide</class>
<recordname>reference.Clans.Assamite@VtM Basic Rules</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">01 : Assamite</name>
</Assamite>
</index>
</AAclans>
</lists>
</root>

Can you help me plz ? Thanks for your reply.

earthworm3
May 6th, 2013, 10:51
So i have try to test this modules with 4E ruleset and it's working ... any idea why it doesn't work with another ruleset ?

Blahness98
May 6th, 2013, 15:04
So i have try to test this modules with 4E ruleset and it's working ... any idea why it doesn't work with another ruleset ?

I will take a look at the code in a bit, but if it is only opening in 4e you may have to change the definition file to include whatever rule set you are using or use the all option.

earthworm3
May 6th, 2013, 15:20
Sorry for my english, this module work great with all ruleset except one (which i have create it) : i can open the module, but when i click on "clan", it's happen nothing.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2013, 19:09
Sorry for my english, this module work great with all ruleset except one (which i have create it) : i can open the module, but when i click on "clan", it's happen nothing.
Open the console (using /console) before you click on the link while running your custom ruleset, this may give you an indication in the console of what the problem is.

earthworm3
May 6th, 2013, 19:10
ok i try it now.

earthworm3
May 6th, 2013, 19:16
it's happen nothing... nothing into the console... It is a frame problem ?

Trenloe
May 6th, 2013, 19:30
What root version is your ruleset? It is more than likely an issue with different ruleset compatibility functions.

Try using the useallmodules tag as mentioned in a couple of module entries here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/

I'm not in front of a computer so I don't know the exact syntax to use.

earthworm3
May 6th, 2013, 19:34
root version = 2.9 into base.xml.
ok i try with useallmodule.

earthworm3
May 6th, 2013, 19:54
With "useallmodule" and/or root version = 2.9/2.0 it's the same probblem ... have i delete something ????????

Trenloe
May 7th, 2013, 21:03
OK, there are a couple of issues here.

1) In your ruleset library.xml you have added a <closebox> reference but this is not defined anywhere in your ruleset so the <windowclass name="library"> does not parse properly. You can see this error by enabling "Enable Debug Mode" in FG settings and looking in the console.log file created in the <FG App Data Directory>

2) when you click on the "Clans" librarylink, it is trying to open a windowreference with a class of <class>referenceindex</class> - this is not defined anywhere in your ruleset, so the window doesn't open. I suggest you import this referenceindex class from another ruleset.

Correct both of these issues and see if this resolves the issue.

earthworm3
May 7th, 2013, 21:23
ok thanks for your help trenloe you are the best !