PDA

View Full Version : CoC Bugs?

phild
April 29th, 2013, 20:46
Just wondered if a couple of issues relating to CoC ruleset were bugs, my system playing up, or upgrade issues:

1) No scroll bars. Have to use scroll wheel to go through lengthy windows, which with a touchpad is a bit of a pain.

2) No close windows buttons. There is a button with some odd markings on (well, aren't there throughout this ruleset!) which looks like an L and another L rotated 180 degrees, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Eru the One
April 29th, 2013, 21:11
I believe the 3.5e/Pathfinder/4e rulesets received more "love" the past few releases and no one has updated the CoC ruleset to take advantage of the new features/improvements.

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2013, 00:32
I am looking at revamping the CoC ruleset specifically as part of my testing for new ruleset features, so this should this ruleset is scheduled to receive some love this year. With the changes, I'm hoping to up the ante on every ruleset in the store, and give the community developers more to work with as well.

Regards,
JPG

phild
May 2nd, 2013, 15:40
Thanks. I actually sort of figured out both issues - by looking in the Icons folder of the Ruleset, I found that the button with the weird markings on was the Scroll button: so you click it and hold and lo-and-behold, things start scrolling.

I'm discovering a lot by browsing through the folders and xml files (oh for a manual!). First thing to go will be the horrible icons, to be replaced by something with a more 1920s styling I think.

osarusan
May 11th, 2013, 16:30
That's great to hear... The CoC Ruleset is beginning to feel a bit dated, and I can't wait for an update. :)

zackspacks
May 12th, 2013, 23:43
This is very pleasing news indeed. We used this for a one shot a few weeks ago, and compared to our regular Savage sessions, it was rather sparse. We did get Scott to log our concerns as we played, thinking he was going to be involved in the upgrade. Although we think this has changed. Happy to give feedback to whomever takes this on. :)