PDA

View Full Version : Two suggestions: Encounter and image names.

Leonal
April 28th, 2013, 21:55
When an image is shared the name is shared with it, but if this could be easily hidden or scrambled it would be better as currently the only option is to manually rename the image in FG.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=68949

Second, it would be great if one could drag a single NPC from the encounter window to the combat tracker without including every NPC in the encounter. A single click would be ideal, but right clicking could also work.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=68950

Edit: For the encounter I mean after one has dragged the NPCs or multiple of one type of NPC to the map. Currently one can only transfer all at once.

gmkieran
April 29th, 2013, 17:15
Hey, Leonal!

Regarding the images, would it not be easier to simply not give the image a descriptive name and just have a link to the appropriate image in your story entry or map? This seems to be the way many store-bought modules handle it (map names like T1 or P3 don't tell you anything, but do relate the image to an area on the map). Otoh, that irritates me, as a player, because I can never tell which image to re-open when we go to play again and I have to either go through all of them or wait 'til the GM re-shares. What advantage are you looking for in having a locked text option on images?

Regarding the combat tracker, just to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, you want to be able to add one more of a given creature than you originally laid out in the encounter (ie there are 5 orc warriors on the Encounter sheet and you want to bring in a 6th without populating all 5 to the CT again)? I think you could do that if you opened the description of the particular monster via the link in the Encounter sheet and then dragged *that* onto the CT, instead of dragging directly from the Encounter sheet. A little more work than dragging direct, but not huge, imo.

cheers!
GMK

Leonal
April 29th, 2013, 20:22
Hi GMK,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the names can be renamed, but so far for Pathfinder modules I have found it much quicker to pick an image by the name of the city or NPC (for portrait or monster images). Thus for the GM it would be much easier to hide or scramble/rename them, instead of trying to remember which image uses which name.

Thus far I have renamed in FG when needed. (e.g. renaming named NPC to woman or something non-descript), but it's not optimal.

Re combat tracker. The idea is to add 3 of the 5, or say you want to have several rooms (or a whole map) in one encounter, but don't want to bring in everything.

Leonal

JohnD
April 29th, 2013, 23:03
Hi GMK,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the names can be renamed, but so far for Pathfinder modules I have found it much quicker to pick an image by the name of the city or NPC (for portrait or monster images). Thus for the GM it would be much easier to hide or scramble/rename them, instead of trying to remember which image uses which name.

Thus far I have renamed in FG when needed. (e.g. renaming named NPC to woman or something non-descript), but it's not optimal.

Re combat tracker. The idea is to add 3 of the 5, or say you want to have several rooms (or a whole map) in one encounter, but don't want to bring in everything.

Leonal
Agree on the naming. Maybe have a DM name and a PC name field, which if left blank defaults to the DM name.

As for adding individually, just drag them from your NPC list instead of the Encounters tab.

Leonal
April 30th, 2013, 09:29
Agree on the naming. Maybe have a DM name and a PC name field, which if left blank defaults to the DM name.

As for adding individually, just drag them from your NPC list instead of the Encounters tab.

The idea is to utilize advance placement of NPC tokens on a map with the encounter system, but also being able to pick and choose which NPCs in the specific encounter to include in the combat tracker, hence the request. This could also more easily allow for one encounter window to be used for a whole map with pre-placed tokens, if desired.