PDA

View Full Version : PFS Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossibel [May 3rd 6pm est]

Mgrancey
April 28th, 2013, 18:59
May 3rd, 6pm est (10 pm est)
4-5 hours
Tier 1-5 (1-2, 4-5)
Calendar here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1019)
Since early modules will be cut off soon.

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2 and 4-5).

The Pathfinder Society sends you to the fabled Kingdom of the Impossible, the island of Jalmeray, to stop an Aspis Consortium black market relics dealer who is organizing the local bandits and violently robbing Jalmeray and Pathfinder Society caravans laden with relics, artifacts, and magical mysteries. When a venture-captain is murdered by the Aspis Consortium agent, it's up to the PCs to find him and do whatever it takes to stop him.

Written by Craig Shackleton

Info/files needed

XML character file, if using hero labs make sure that familiars/animal companions have been extracted
last chronicle sheet of your character if you can (OR XP, Fame, Prestige, Gold, Name, Faction, PFS/character #)

Warning:
Keep track of what you buy, if you want to buy something before hand record it down,post it in this thread (with cost if expensive) before the game so I can quick check it. I'll probably do the chron sheets Sunday while I'm playing in my game that evening so you will get them back fairly fast.

IF you are new/unexperienced with FG/PFS/PF you are welcome, but please tell me ahead of time so I'm aware and if needed I can help with character generation. I enjoy teaching so long as I know to expect it, but having to stop and explain out of the blue rules/meanings/"how-to" is very frustrating.

Getting Started
The city of Padiskar near the northern tip of the Isle of Jalmeray is not so much a city as a ring of small villages surrounding a massive, howling ruin, from which terrifying screams of whatever the Vudrani Maharaja Khiben-Sald left there in ancient times can still be heard. The new Venture-Captain Vasuman Mihir maintains a small safe house for the Pathfinder Society here, taking over from Padiskar’s longtime Venture-Captain Aamina Shahrazad, who was recently murdered by men loyal to Zamir, a bandit lord and rumored Aspis Consortium agent who operates out of the nearby jungles.

Venture-Captain Mihir’s briefing was short and serious.

“This is a fake scepter of the arclords,” he said, hefting a bejeweled staff in his hands bearing glowing runes across its surface. “You will lead a caravan toward Niswan carrying this false relic and several crates of minor magical items. My porter, a young boy named Waman, will give you a detailed travel itinerary, which you must follow with care. Except that it is almost certain that you will be ambushed before you reach your destination, since young Waman is a spy for the Aspis Consortium and has sold out and murdered a dozen or more of our brethren and associates, including our former venture captain I’m sure of it. The scepter is bait in a trap, and you
are the teeth. Do not let on to Waman that you know of his transgressions—we need him to lead us to his master, the bandit lord Zamir. We’ll either make Zamir our man or disrupt his business permanently. I’ll deal with Waman myself once this affair is resolved.”

Venture-Captain Mihir held up a second item, a plain-looking but easily recognizable wayfinder. “This wayfinder is also a fake, although unlike the scepter, it does have real power. The dial always points to the scepter.” Mihir demonstrated, moving the wayfinder in a circle around the scepter, the needle pointing unerringly at it.

“Waman gave Zamir information that enabled the bandit fool to steal artifacts from dozens of our caravans and even from safe houses such as this one. Zamir has a method of disassembling the artifacts so that he can smuggle them off the island with ease, bound for ports of call in Cheliax. What we do not know is where Zamir is, since he never attacks with his men.”

“I gave Waman the information about your journey, so at some point along the route, Zamir’s bandits will ambush you. Previous experience indicates that his bandits will not kill if they don’t have to. Let them steal the scepter. You must put up a small struggle, maybe even kill or injure several of his men, but most importantly you must let them escape and they must escape with the scepter.

“Give them a few hours after the ambush to escape and then use the wayfinder to track Zamir to his hideout. Zamir is an arrogant man whose loyalties lie with whoever can make him famous to the people of Jalmeray. Right now he believes the Aspis Consortium is the answer. You will either convince him that the Society is the answer—as he could be a very powerful ally in the region—or you’ll end his operations for good. How you handle it, I leave to you. Good luck on your journey and may the gods guide your hand.”

Rose Claymore
April 28th, 2013, 19:34
Yes! A game! And I can play!

This looks like a job for Captain Wirbelsturm!

Wirbel is a gnome pyromaniac alchemist who captains the Sundowner along the Variasian coast. And he's a pirate... kinda. Maybe.

I'll upload his xml and last chronicle for ya later today as right now I'm about to leave for local game.

Mark of Stark
April 28th, 2013, 20:13
Hi, I would be down with a game friday. I am pretty new to FG2 and PFS. I have played some pathfinder in the past and alot of 3.5 before that, so I may need to be lead by the hand in some instances. Plus you might want to look over my sheet, I think its all correct by following the PFS guide.

My character is Dravex, a cleric of the God of the Dead and enemy of the undead. He is brand new so does not have any chronicle sheets.

Rose Claymore
April 29th, 2013, 09:36
Since it looks like a low tier, Captain Wirbel will be staying in Riddleport, enjoying the hospitality of the Silken Veil.

So on this adventure you'll be meeting...

Silvermouse!

Silvermouse is a half-elf urban ranger with a preference for the two-bladed sword and a keen skill in dealing with humans, half-orcs and half-elves.

Rose Claymore
April 29th, 2013, 09:44
My purchase list from the previous chronicle sheet is printed on the back of the chronicle sheet, which I could scan and upload, but if it's okay, here is the list:

Cost Purchase
4 Cold Iron Dagger
4 Cold Iron Dagger
700 Masterwork Two-Bladed Sword
75 Longbow
1 20 Arrows
1100 Mithral Chain Shirt
9 Ranger's Kit (backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, rope, torches (10), train rations (5 days), waterskin)
20 Alchemist's Fire
1 Grappling Hook
25 Holy Water
1 Piton (10)
0.01 Soap
100 Thieves' Tools, Masterwork
2040.01 TOTAL

Silvermouse pretty must started with all gold and no equipment, so the above represents the entirety of his supplies.

Harbinger
April 29th, 2013, 14:18
I would like to also play in your game on Friday, I have already applied on the Calendar. Here is my character info.

Tymire
April 30th, 2013, 03:31
Interested here also. This is a new character so don't have any previous chronicles Fyi, am fairly new to PFS but have used FG for a while now.

Mgrancey
May 1st, 2013, 20:18
Okay, I have 4 of 6 peoples xml files, if you need help building let me know.

Rose Claymore
May 3rd, 2013, 09:03
A last minute adjustment to my character... Instead of the Adopted (Gnome: Animal Friend) I'd rather take Indomitable Faith. The Animal Friend sounds cool, but I think having an always works +1 to will saves is probably more useful than one that only works when I'm near an animal companion I don't even have yet. Shouldn't affect my xml at all (other than the will save, but I can modify that when we start playing).

Rose Claymore
May 3rd, 2013, 09:42
Mmm... Figure I could go ahead and introduce myself too: :D

"A lean man of nearly six feet, with long dark hair shading his unshaven face, Silvermouse appears every bit the typical Riddleport ruffian. His sharply pointing ears and deep black eyes betray his elven parentage, though one would hardly notice such things from within the shadows he keeps to.

Though he wears no apparent armor, and is dress is more fitting to a common street thug than a proper warrior, Silvermouse carries himself with the cool confidence of a soldier. His two-bladed sword is always in hand, and is bow not much further; only the foolish would dare to linger in his path for long.

Despite his outwardly gruff and grim demeanor, Silvermouse is surprisingly jovial when relaxed and among friends. Still, his laugh proves more intimidating than inviting, and even a smile is more baleful than benign.

Among friends and close allies (such as other Pathfinders), Silvermouse usually goes by “Mouse” rather than his full name."

https://myaccoutrements.info/wp-content/gallery/pathfinder-society/silvermouseimg.png

image credit (https://browse.deviantart.com/art/Black-Haired-Male-OCs-Reference-Sheet-285505521)

Mgrancey
May 3rd, 2013, 13:48
still haven't received 2 characters' file, I'll probably be online all day, while working on other stuff, so if you need help making a character I can do that, but I really do need to receive the characters xml file before game time.

Current plan is to have server up about 1/2 hour before to deal with any issues, but if I don't have character or their file by 6 I'm sorry but I'm most likely going to boot you.

Also if you are in unlicensed version and building character in Manager, the button with and arrow pointing down into a tray is how you export your character into an XML file.

2 mistakes, but to the PCs benefit (1 FC missing, and 1 racial that might be wrong)

Mark of Stark
May 3rd, 2013, 15:22
Well, since Dust got the ball rolling I might aswell introduce my character here aswell. I know I enjoy reading other people's background so maybe their are others that do aswell.

The cleric, Dravex of Pharasma, is a remarkable looking man of above average height and has a more athletic build than muscular. His dark hair shines as polished obsidian in direct light which highlights his pale skin and cold blue eyes. Each of his physical features seem slightly off, almost too exact to the standards of physical attractiveness which gives away his celestial parentage to those who know of these things.

Dravex's aasimar heritage becomes more apparent while channeling his divine gifts or during extreme emotional stress. His eyes become pale and glow with a faint white vapor, wisping out as if blown by a light wind and those close to death have told him they see a silvery halo over his head.

Although young, Dravex has spend most of his life performing funeral rites and speaking to loves ones of those that have departed from this plane. This as bred in him a state of cold emotion and peaceful countenance, his voice is soothing to those he helps through the loss brought on by death. Typically he speaks to the point, in a sure commanding manner, though his hatred for the undead brings a wrathful fire to his voice that can be disturbing to those who have grown use to his usual, controlled state.

The undead has no place on this plane, according to Dravex and he strives at every opportunity to put them to an eternal rest. He believes everyone has a time when they must depart to Pharasma's judgment, and once that time has come he will plan to keep their spirit in the Boneyard. This does not mean the sooner the better, for all people have a destiny, as any cleric of Fate knows, and Dravex also believes it as his responsibility to insure they have that chance to fulfill their part in Pharasma's web of fate and that they do not travel to her embrace before their time has come.

Mgrancey
May 3rd, 2013, 22:51
server up and in teamspeak but having dinner at moment

Mgrancey
May 4th, 2013, 04:52
Please confirm that this is all correct and I will put final signature on the sheets

Dropbox folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ta5zp805aukjpyv/4Fqt7whOAi)

Mark of Stark
May 4th, 2013, 04:55
Seems correct on mine, at least from what I can tell.

Eanelen
May 4th, 2013, 05:59
Mine is incorrect, it should be 96gold starting, the 66 is from the minus 30, I messed up, I'm sorry.

Rose Claymore
May 4th, 2013, 06:35
Silvermouse looks good.

Harbinger
May 4th, 2013, 14:31
mine looks correct, thank you mike.

Mgrancey
May 4th, 2013, 14:54
Okay, put final signature on all of them and they are good to go.