PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for some Rogue Trader?

Retrokinesis
April 27th, 2013, 07:12
After my last Dark Heresy campaign ended, I've been looking to get a Rogue Trader game going.

In case anyone doesn't know, Rogue Trader is an RPG set in the Warhammer 40k universe. Unlike Dark Heresy, which is kind of like Call of Cthulhu meets Judge Dredd, Rogue Trader is a crazier, higher-powered, swashbuckling version of the same rules. The players take on the role of a rogue trader (a spacefaring merchant-lord chartered to loot everything in the name of the Emperor) and his/her main crew as they travel around the galaxy in search of profit.

Rogue Trader tends to be lighter than Dark Heresy as the PCs are much more powerful, influential, and free than pretty much anyone except a full Inquisitor or sector governor. You typically start with a fortress warship crewed by 20,000 people and gear that would take Dark Heresy characters thousands of XP just to use effectively. It's very much a sandbox-type RPG where the players can basically do whatever they want as few are crazy enough to try and stop them.

I'd be willing to run a campaign (starting with the premade adventures) if there's enough people interested or I'd gladly join if someone else would prefer to GM. Even if I GM I'd still like to play, if you don't mind me playing in my own campaign.

Anyone up for scouring the Koronus Expanse? You know, for the Emperor.

Alcatar
May 6th, 2013, 02:05
I'm expressing interest for this, though I don't think I'll actually have time to play..
I really want to try a WH40k scenario, sandbox sounds very nice (but is it actually a good idea for someone new to WH40k RP?).

Just wanted to express I'd have interest in an ideal world, where I have more time to spare xP.

I have a few friends that might be interested in joining, can you tell me how open you are to people who have only had a FG demo and session, but otherwise no actual PnP experience?

Alcatar
May 8th, 2013, 01:33
Actually, I'd like to make time for this if I can.

Can you tell me when you'd hope to start? and what times you would probably be working or otherwise indisposed?

I have solid FG2 experience and I'm part way through the Horus Heresy books (WH40k) and I've otherwise been a fan of the tabletop game and computer games. The lore isn't beyond me.

Please contact me when you can!

Morbid-Don
September 18th, 2014, 21:25
Hey Retrokinesis,

My name's Rey - I am a GM/DM who is looking for one knowledgeable soul to join us for Rogue Trader on Saturdays (generally a 5 to 8 hour slot lol)

For some that may seem like a long session - wanted to spread the feelers out and see who on the forum is game to play.

Schedule: 11am (Eastern US Time Zone; New York City) to 7pm

I have an unlimited license for FG and pay for Adobe Connect Service to ensure good clear bandwidth!
Additionally I have a high quality microphone for doing conference meetings and an HD webcam that I use ATM to show the gaming table we use.
(Minis, Tiles, and Terrain is used to facilitate combat - though I am working on creating tiles, tokens, and the like eventually to graduate to 100% FG)

I run a mixed environment ATM - using FG for resolving dice rolls and sharing Images with remote PCs

Otherwise - on the flip side - if you've got room in your campaign for 1 or 2 more I'd really like a chance to be a player once more again

Let me know

Stay Gaming!

Rey