PDA

View Full Version : Interest in a starter game this weekend?

Blackfoot
April 26th, 2013, 19:58
Anyone interested in a First Steps or Tier 1-2 module run this weekend sometime? I have a slot open tonight (19:30-24:00 EDT (23:30-05:00 GMT)... if I don't have to pick my daughter up from the dance... otherwise I'd have to head out to pick her up for about 20 minutes right in the middle of things. Alternatively I have a slot open on Sunday afternoon from 13:00-19:00 EDT but that would be a pretty tight squeeze.

Rose Claymore
April 26th, 2013, 20:35
I've love to have a crack at Master of the Fallen Fortress, if for not other reason than I haven't played it yet. I don't really want to create a new character, but if I have to I might as well play something new-ish.

Mark of Stark
April 26th, 2013, 20:40
I would love to get in a game and the time slots fit fine with me.

Edit: doesnt matter to me what we play, I can kinda new to the pfs stuff, though I have a lvl 1 cleric made

Rose Claymore
April 26th, 2013, 20:48
If I'm remembering my time zones correction, I should be able to make it for a game tonight, but not Sunday.

I'll need to roll up a new character unless we play Fallen Fortress (which I believe I can bring a level 2 on).

Malkavian_Andi
April 26th, 2013, 20:50
I'd love to get the opportunity for some Level 1 scenarios, especially since First Steps won't be around for too long anymore.
And I still have a few level 1 characters that need some XP from replayable scenarios.

I won't be able to play tonight, though. I'll be playing in another game at 8 pm CST. But I'd love to play on Sunday if you'll play then.

@Dust Raven: As far as I remember, Fallen Fortress is Level 1 only.

Blackfoot
April 26th, 2013, 21:07
Running tonight is contingent on a few things:
Getting enough players.
A ride home for my daughter OR a 20 minute mid-game break
If we play MotFF.. it takes a bit longer than a normal scenario so it could run up to 6 hours... it is a fun mod.. but fair warning... I'd be happy to run it over 2 nights.

MotFF has been reclassified as per the last set of PFS rules. It can be played once as a level 2.

Rose Claymore
April 26th, 2013, 21:43
I'd be happy to give MotFF a shot for a single night, but unless the 2nd night to finish it up is also a weekday evening I probably can't make it to finish it up. I've love to play in any of the First Steps as an alternative though, with a preference for parts 2 or 3.

Blackfoot
April 26th, 2013, 21:49
Looks like we could have 3 players plus my daughter... so that would give us enough for a table... I'll see what I can find out about the dance.. as long as everyone is cool with me bolting for 20 in mid game (if she can't get a ride home) then go ahead and post characters ASAP... the consensus is split on scenarios .. but I have them all ready to run so it's cool any way it plays out. My personal favorites (of these 5) are MotFF or FS-P2... they are both dungeon crawl type scenarios and lots of fun.

Malkavian_Andi
April 26th, 2013, 22:00
I won't have time tonight (even if we started right now, there wouldn't be enough time).

Any plans to do some more Level 1 scenarios within the next days? As I said, I have time on Sunday, and depending on the time, I may also have time on Saturday.

Rose Claymore
April 26th, 2013, 22:13
Oh... well frack.

I just realized you don't have the ultimate license, Blackfoot. As I have no license of my own (yet), I'll have to sit this one out :(

Question: If I buy the lite (player only) license, do I still need to pay full price to upgrade to the full (GM) license, or is it prorated/discounted?

Blackfoot
April 26th, 2013, 22:15
Right.. I think one of the other guys said yes for tonight but no to Sunday.. a conundrum. Well... if we don't get enough guys it won't happen in either slot.. I will definitely be running First Steps 2 & 3 at FGCon at the end of May... I will probably be running all 3.
It would be really great if we can get enough tables to qualify for special boons and stuff this year!

Mgrancey
April 26th, 2013, 22:18
No, but you'll have to talk to the guys at smiteworks to get it done, and from what I understand it takes a couple of days to change licenses from one to another, such as lite to full or full to ultimate as they have to kill your old license key.

Blackfoot
April 26th, 2013, 22:18
Let me check.. but I'm pretty sure there's a upgrade to GM option...

Hrm.. nope.. that doesn't seem to be an option. Hrm... they really should add that one.

$24 Lite
$39 Full
$19 Upgrade from Lite to Full... or something like that.

Seems to me that if it deters someone from buying a Lite license because they are worried that at some point they might want a Full... that's a bad thing.

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2013, 00:08
I definitely need to pick up from the dance... so since it doesn't look like we are going to get a legal table.. we'll try for another time.
As I said... I will definitely be running some of these during the FGCon and if I get a free evening or weekend I'll run some more.

Mark of Stark
April 27th, 2013, 00:13
ok, I will be on the lookout

Bloodlust
April 27th, 2013, 05:59
I'm free and have a first level character :)

JohnD
April 27th, 2013, 18:45
I'd possibly be good for next Friday if that were an option... if I can find my character file.

Malkavian_Andi
April 27th, 2013, 19:21
I still have time this weekend, both today and tomorrow.
Next week will be a bit more difficult. I have stuff planned each day from Monday to Friday, but the weekend might be free again, depending on game time.

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2013, 21:35
I'd possibly be good for next Friday if that were an option... if I can find my character file.
John, I'm pretty sure I have your file from the last game you played with me.. if you haven't played since then.

We were talking about last night or tomorrow afternoon.
Tomorrow afternoon... I can run one of the First Steps but the modules take a little bit too long for the slot I have available.
It 'looks like' from the poll that the most folks are interested in playing FS-P1... keep in mind of course that that one is NOT being retired until next year.

Upload your character to this thread and use the Calendar Signup (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1016)

My daughter will probably be playing her Oracle so that gives us a little extra healing.

Malkavian_Andi
April 27th, 2013, 21:43
Well, I hope there'll be enough players for tomorrow.

First Steps 2 would be nice, since I need that one for one of my characters to level up. But of course, I'd gladly play any of the other First Steps scenarios, too. I have enough level 1 characters ^^

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2013, 21:51
If I'm going to run anything tomorrow I need some characters and previous chronicles PDQ... cut off is tomorrow morning... I need the hour between 12 and 1 EDT to look them over and get them loaded... anyone without a character at that point won't be playing.

Malkavian_Andi
April 27th, 2013, 21:59
All right, here's my stuff.
If we're playing scenario 1 or 3, I'll play Galerius. He hasn't done anything of importance yet (meaning he has no chronicles yet).
If it's scenario 2, I'll play Celerion. The chronicle I attached is his last chronicle.

Bloodlust
April 28th, 2013, 04:15
Attached last chronicle and xml.

Omar Hassan, Fighter 1, #53968-5, Qadira

Blackfoot
April 28th, 2013, 05:14
Looks like this might have been a little too last minute.

Malkavian_Andi
April 28th, 2013, 12:41
And there seemed to be so many people who were interested. What happened to all those?

Bloodlust
April 28th, 2013, 18:35
Well that was disappointing :( :(

Blackfoot
May 3rd, 2013, 15:00
Anyone available tonight for a starter game?

I am completely free from 6pm EDT (10pm GMT) on...

JohnD
May 3rd, 2013, 16:22
Anyone available tonight for a starter game?

I am completely free from 6pm EDT (10pm GMT) on...
Wife made plans for me this evening. Bummer. :cry:

Malkavian_Andi
May 3rd, 2013, 16:24
Sorry, I won't be available tonight. I'll have time tomorrow and possibly on Sunday.

Bloodlust
May 3rd, 2013, 18:43
Yes, I'm free :)

Myrddin
May 3rd, 2013, 18:59
I'd love to play in a PFS game. I can't play tonight, but am free on Sunday depending on timings. I am available from 8pm GMT. I need to create a char, so just let me know if there's any chance of a game.

Blackfoot
May 3rd, 2013, 22:33
With time running out it looks like we only have 1 for tonight. Damn... now what am I gonna do.. maybe I'll go see Ironman 3... hrm.. my girl's gonna kill me for seeing it without her.