PDA

View Full Version : Transferring NPC's

Macgreine
April 25th, 2013, 01:38
If I create a creature/NPC in a campaign, is it possible to move it to another campaign without re-entering all the info?

JohnD
April 25th, 2013, 01:44
Depending on the rule set you should be able to export an XML file and import it into another campaign of the same rule set.

Macgreine
April 25th, 2013, 01:53
For a PC that should work fine. But I am not sure how to do it for an NPC. BTW Pathfinder ruleset.

JohnD
April 25th, 2013, 01:55
I would /export the campaign into a module, close FG, launch FG and open the other campaign, open the new module and drag the NPCs in question from the old campaign/module into the new one.

Macgreine
April 25th, 2013, 01:59
Ah ha. Good idea thanks John

Griogre
April 25th, 2013, 02:05
There is also another simpler way as well if the NPC is in an exported module. In that case just start the campaign where you want the NPC to be moved then open the module holding the NPC and then drag the NPC from module NPC tab to the current campaign's tab and it will copy the NPC into the new module. You can then close the module with the NPC.

Macgreine
April 25th, 2013, 02:11
How can I export the NPC as a module as opposed to exporting the entire campaign? The creature /NPC was created in FG so theres no module for it.

Griogre
April 25th, 2013, 02:18
If all you want is the NPC(s) when you export just only check Personalities. That's all that will be placed in a module. Once you have copied the NPC into the new module you can just delete the module with the NPC if you want. Just be careful with you module so nothing gets accidentally erased or overwritten. :p

Honken
April 25th, 2013, 15:32
This sounds like great, but could you guys please explain this in layman terms?

I have used FG II on and off for a couple of years, but have yet fiddled with modules and stuff. The most advanced things I have done is adding tokens, writing in NPC's...

Thanks in Advance!
/Honken