PDA

View Full Version : RMC version 1.5.5 released in the Store

ddavison
April 22nd, 2013, 04:05
Check your automatic updates if you bought it from the FG Store. The RPGNow/DriveThruRPG folks will get their update afterward, when I patch the installer.

First off, I want to say Wow!!! Dakadin did an AMAZING job with this update. Be sure to check the user manual linked from the store description page, but here is a quick summary of the features as told by Dakadin himself.

It includes the changes to reduce the memory usage required to run the ruleset, manage characters should be functional, and there are new windows to help with character creation and leveling. The PDF gives better details.

...including new versions of The Armoury and Rolemaster Fantasy Weapons. With the base ruleset and these 2 new modules the memory usage in my test campaign reduced from 2.5 GB with v1.4.6 down to 0.5 GB so it should be okay to release them now.

The Armoury and the Rolemaster Fantasy Weapons will be released shortly but I didn't want to hold the update any longer than necessary. I just tried out the new character creation and leveling and I am blown away with how much nicer this is than individually rolling all your characters abilities one by one.

Dakadin
April 22nd, 2013, 04:15
Just to give you an idea of how it will help with character creation and leveling, it includes the following:
* Initial Stat Generation rolls (All 3 Character Law options included)
* Stat Gain rolls (All 10 rolls can be completed in seconds)
* Skill Development (Lots of options to help with adding and changing skills)
* Spell Lists can be added quickly

Enjoy! :D

Dakadin
April 22nd, 2013, 04:34
If you are using the Smooth or Linear Stat Extensions, you will need to download the new versions from here(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=147481) otherwise you will encounter some strange bugs.

Ardem
April 22nd, 2013, 07:12
Did a quick check with FRP, it seems to work, with this version, need to do more extensive test but nothing glaring that I could see. (Besides the stats and stat gain rolls of course)

JohnD
April 22nd, 2013, 13:24
By way of some comparisons with the formerly time consuming tasks of character creation and level-up.

Before these additions to the ruleset after you know the ins/outs of character generation, it would still take a good 35-45 minutes. Now it takes about 1/2 of that.

Level-up the last time my group went through it took a whole evening for a group of five. Now, each person can get through it in about 15 minutes, if not less.

Excellent refinements to the RMC rules.

GunnarGreybeard
April 22nd, 2013, 13:54
Holy Crap! :D

Tiqon
April 22nd, 2013, 14:16
It's really amazing *Gives Dakadin a hug*

bennis1980
April 23rd, 2013, 00:03
It's really amazing *Gives Dakadin a hug*

"Keep yer filthy hands off Dakadin. He's a holy man now!"
*Slaps Tiqon on the back of the hand. Then later, when no one is looking, gives Dakadin a manly kiss*
"What?!? I'm a paladin - paladins can do that - I mean ... give manly kisses to other blokes without it getting awkward... ahem"

ddavison
April 23rd, 2013, 01:09
Now that took a strange turn. :D

It is truly well done. Not that his past contributions were not incredibly cool in their own right, but you know... this one has something like a hundred dice flying out and getting tabulated at once. By shear dice count this has to be cooler.

Dakadin
April 23rd, 2013, 02:06
Now that took a strange turn. :D

It is truly well done. Not that his past contributions were not incredibly cool in their own right, but you know... this one has something like a hundred dice flying out and getting tabulated at once. By shear dice count this has to be cooler.

LOL! Not quite a hundred but it does look like it when you roll all the stat generation rolls. It can be more than 60 dice if any of the rolls need to be redone because they are below the minimum and the Three Column method (Character Law Option 7.2) is being used. ;)

Dakadin
April 23rd, 2013, 03:00
"Keep yer filthy hands off Dakadin. He's a holy man now!"
*Slaps Tiqon on the back of the hand. Then later, when no one is looking, gives Dakadin a manly kiss*
"What?!? I'm a paladin - paladins can do that - I mean ... give manly kisses to other blokes without it getting awkward... ahem"

I do have to say you guys are starting to scare me though. :D

Shockbolt
April 23rd, 2013, 09:12
Gave me a laugh :D

bennis1980
April 23rd, 2013, 09:18
I do have to say you guys are starting to scare me though. :D

Don't worry. It's all just innocent virtual fun

Tiqon
April 23rd, 2013, 09:35
Don't worry. It's all just innocent virtual fun

Maybe for you. but this is serious business mate! *hugs Bennis1980 too, as he apparently needs some good ol' fashion manly lovin' too and Dakadin is not to be disturbed, he has to work on the next update*