PDA

View Full Version : The Fallen Throne: Complete and Utter Reboot

jasonthelamb
April 20th, 2013, 17:23
I'm going to start out with a little background. So, I've tried this campaign twice so far; the first time was my first time ever DMing and I feel like I rushed the players through things, gave them an idea of being overpowered (and the characters WERE overpowered), and overall I feel like it made for a game that went in a direction that not many people enjoyed. I attempted a reboot of the game and realized that I had not been clear on what I was looking for in a group, and because of that; I had decided to give it a nice long break, and revisit the idea of a campaign now that I've got a little experience under my belt, and talked to a few other GMs.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Naomesa/FallenThronePreludepng_zps33d5a8bf.png
THE FALLEN THRONE

What is "The Fallen Throne"?

The Fallen Throne is a Pathfinder roleplay over the Fantasy Grounds II software and only the Fantasy Grounds II software, meaning that while Skype may be used for OOC connections (comments, questions, etc), there will be NO VoIP USED. The characters will be powerful, and the campaign is not combat oriented, and while there will be sessions full of combat, short of the party constantly out looking for a large-scale fight, they won't find it. (Note: I do try to include some small bit of combat per session, so the players can get their dice rolling and have fun, but it's not always something that is around the plot).

Where does "The Fallen Throne" take place?

The Fallen Throne takes place on the homebrew island of Aldiron, a country that is dwarfed by a supercontinent to the east, it is the last known Kingdom of Humans.

What kind of characters are allowed in "The Fallen Throne" Campaign?

I am rather open with this; I enjoy looking at various character concepts, and I try to do a prelude-style intro with each character to get to know them, and the person behind the character, I also feel that a one-on-one session allows the player to roleplay more, and therefore develop a deeper background. While there are some ideas I strictly say no on, it's more of a "as seen" basis, I don't like to say "no" to many ideas... but there are just some character ideas I cannot take seriously, and feel they wouldn't fit in the campaign.

What information should I know before I roll my character?
Two ways to create your character
- 20 Point buy with 9 being the lowest stat possible before racial
- roll 4d6 on server, drop lowest roll; you can either re-roll a 4d6 twice, or re-roll the entire set once.

Whichever way you choose you have to stick with it; you cannot go back if your rolls are bad, it's a risk-reward scenario.

Your character will start out with 1000 GP worth of equipment.

Your character will start at level 3, with max HP.

Your character cannot be in the evil or chaotic-neutral branch (exceptions may apply).

While this is homebrew, we will use forgotten realm deities.

The playtime(s):

Right now, Saturday nights are the best for me, and 6PM-10PM, 7PM-11PM or 8PM-12AM (All EST times) work best for me. I don't want to jump around schedules by doing alternate days or anything of that matter, as I would prefer the same night ever week.

The Story

Aldiron stands alone, a single beacon of faith left in a dark and decrepit world. The Southern Kingdoms lay in ruin, torn between civil war, and a fatal invasion from the Orc Horde. The elves hide in recluse, recovering from their various skirmishes and wars with the Orc Horde, the dwarves; as always - hide in their mountains, coveting their gold and riches.

The world is in peril as the Orc Horde has burned and pillaged their way through the Savage Lands, only being defeated by the stout dwarves in their mountains.

Where does your hero stand? Are they loyal to Lords, lands, personal wealth, or something else?

Your choices will help to shape the future of Aldiron and the world.

Anything else?

Have any questions? Feel free to post here, PM me, or IM me on skype.

Current Party:
Two Rangers
One Royal
One Cleric
One Paladin
One Wizard

Laconiclament
April 20th, 2013, 18:09
Interesting and interested! Do you have a tentative idea of when you might want to start? I have a few other things in the works atm that would possibly dictate whether or not I could join in, but I'll know more definitely by Wed of this week.

Feel free to PM me with any questions! Happy gaming! :)

jasonthelamb
April 20th, 2013, 22:59
I would like to get started ASAP, if interest is high enough I'd like to give two weeks for character rolling and Prelude stuff, and start the campaign maybe the first week of April.

jasonthelamb
April 20th, 2013, 23:19
GAME CALENDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1013)

Just so I can get an interest check in the character notes section please put your availability.

jasonthelamb
April 21st, 2013, 07:09
I changed the "times of play" from Thursday OR Saturday to strictly Saturday.... of the two it's the better day for me as I don't have any other commitments (I have school until 5:30 on Thursday), so I think it will make for a better game.

jasonthelamb
April 22nd, 2013, 01:17
Alright; looking at the group right now we seem to be full up, thanks for the interest!

jasonthelamb
April 29th, 2013, 04:25
Updated: Looking for one (maybe two if they come as a duo) player. Contact me ASAP if you're interested in playing

RangerOps
April 29th, 2013, 17:39
Wife and I might be up to playing with your group if you have room for 2. We have played about 10 games on FG. She likes to be a Ranger or at least fire a bow a bit. I've been looking at a Bard build to give it a whirl once more. ...let me know if your up for 2 players.

RangerOps
May 4th, 2013, 04:32
I am unabler to find the server info.

jasonthelamb
May 4th, 2013, 04:50
will PM it to you, sorry thought you were gonna Pm back :P

Spooner
May 10th, 2013, 03:33
I could do sat nights. Are you still looking for players?

jasonthelamb
May 10th, 2013, 03:52
At the moment we're currently full with a 1-2 person waitlist, sorry :(

Spooner
May 10th, 2013, 03:52
Balls. Ok, thanks!